Pay As You Go funds going fast

fastrack2poverty

Started noticing my money is going fastttttt. Now I started really paying attention and checked it. I do Pay as You Go, and my 30 'free' minutes were getting used up fasttt and I mostly txt and not even much. I just paid attention to the amount being taken out after ONE txt. It says .10 cents a min after the 30 free minutes and it is charging me $1.40 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! About to lose a customer, maybe 2 because this is serious, I'll cancel my wife's account as well.

*edited thread title for relevance, edited post for profanity - Marissa

All replies

• dc5fan

Re: Pay As You Go funds going fast

You are charged 10 cents for each minute on a call and 10 cents for each text. This happens when you use up your 30 minutes. If I am wrong I hope someone comes by and make sure this is correct. I have the same plan only I don't message or text just use calls.

• fastrack2poverty

Yes, this is what it is 'supposed' to be. I haven't even been using my phone recently much because I've been home with my wife with a new baby. I realized how fast it seemed the last couple of times I refilled without using it much at all. I didn't pay much mind to it until now that I am back at work. So let me break it down a bit, I tapped up $10 and made my account $12.60. I txt'ed my wife a few times, maybe and had 2 short phone calls with her. It gave me a used 24min warning at say 1:30am or so one day. Later that morning, without using my phone at all, about 8am'ish I received another tmobile txt saying I had used 30 of my 30 free minutes. Now as I am monitoring it precisely, I txt'ed my wife once and $1.40 was gone from my account. So it seems I have been being charged $1.40 for every txt and every 1 min of call, which I am assuredly not using up. And that's not accounting for the ghost charges when I didn't use it at all

• dc5fan

Have you tried calling 611 for help? I have been with T-Mobile since Oct '17. I have had no problems at all. T-Mo has something on Facebook and Twitter. Check your history on your phone. With this plan I believe T-Mo doesn't keep a history. I hope you haven't deleted your history.Oh yeah, there is T-Force that is on FB and Twitter. I wish I could be more helpful.

• tmo_chris

Hey there! I sincerely apologize for the confusion. I think what is happening here is with the pay as you go plan, you get 30 “units” that can be used for calls or messaging. It’s not just 30 minutes. Additional outgoing/incoming domestic minutes or domestic messages (SMS/MMS) are $0.10.

• fastrack2poverty

Overcharging me again... Thanks, your service is incredible. Yes I am paying attention again and am being overcharged ..AGAIN! 10 cents a min/call, 10 cents a text, after the 30 min free. Pretty simple, but you keep charging me more. Fix it, please.