Confusing Documentation

bradgrant

I have helped find several documentationerror.png issues that can otherwise confuse customers which I have never been credited for but today I will make sure everyone sees that I do and that I am credited for the confusion. There is a considerable dating error in the documentation that I discovered. After finding it I requested I should get a free line for finding the error which was denied. But I wanted credit for finding errors. This is definitely not the first one and I am tired of not having any credit at all.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Confusing Documentation

Hi there and thanks for coming here to post. I checked a link that I believe you're referring to but I do see it's been updated. Please take a look at this and let me know if this was the one you were looking at.

2018 Add One Line, Get One Line

• bradgrant

screencapture-support-t-mobile-docs-DOC-37062-1518324015951 (1).pngIt was updated early this morning and fixed after I mentioned about it. I did take a full scale lossless screen capture because I figured no one would believe me after the fact.

• bradgrant

I usually was reading the documentation to try to figure out if I only had to add one line and that line would be free. But you need to add two lines and not remove any lines during the entire promotional period. That made sense. But the dating was confusing and I wasn't sure if the promotional period included through last year or started this year. They fixed it obviously. But this is not first too much copy and pasting in the documentation and I have brought it up before, too. Like for a long time the One Plan said in the documentation in the app that it tethered at 2G speeds because no one updated the documentation. I consume a lot of terms all day because it is the only way I understand how billing works among other things. So, I absolutely depend on the fine print.

• bradgrant

I asked since I found the error if I could get a free line for that and it was kind of half sarcasm and half kind of like I sort of deserve it. Though the rep was very thorough and thoughtful I kind of felt like it was sort of rude to just dismiss my request completely just because everything is done systematically.

• bradgrant

I know these are just errors and errors happen all the time. But I see them constantly unfortunately because I don't think there is a go-between editor between the drafting and the final version that hits the web. And yes I am very sternly annoying a bit brash though appreciate the rapid response.

• tmo_mike_c

You've made a really good point about the need for our content to be up to date and clear so as to not confuse our users. Sounds like you're suggesting this free line be an incentive based on what you've discovered in our documentation? As we don't have any incentive like what you're describing, this is my take on getting a free line. Something like this is an incentive we'd like to give as many customer's as possible the chance to take advantage of. This would be why we have certain requirements that need to be met. Though we are grateful that you found this and brought this to our attention, we don't have any method to use this as a means to give you a free line. We do appreciate you coming here and sharing your thoughts.

• bradgrant

I know. I just like to give me take on things. I am sometimes wrong or out of tune. But incentives actually make better quality features and ideas.

• bradgrant

Or for example I called up your sister company and had them give me a quote amount to match my current plan with all of the basic features. They couldn't match the 3G tethering but were able to match everything else at the time for 185 dollars and I was paying 200 at the time at T-Mobile. They wouldn't price match their own sister companies quote. I know everything is systematic which means T-Mobile reps cannot even keep quoted amounts or promisaries because the system cannot handle it. It is part of a larger issue that tries to stop fraud and tries to keep a consistent cash flow amount at the cost of price matching, incentivision and innovative planning. Though I do like how everything is done and plotted out overall. There are a great number of tiny things that perplex me.

• mrmks92234

T-Mobile should always be able to show its gratefulness to a User for having brought to T-Mobile's attention inaccuracies in product offerings (which if corrected will save T-Mobile money) by issuing the User an account credit. Right?