pay as you go plan

magenta1905243

I have pay as you go plan how can I use data on my phone if I need to

And how am I charged for it.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: pay as you go plan

Hey there! Great question! To use data with a pay as you go plan you will need to add a data pass which you can be purchased with refill cards or extra funds that you have on your account. You can add a data pass by calling us at 611 and speaking with an agent or using our automated system.

• tmo_chris

The pass options are:

1 Day or 500MB (whichever comes first) for $5

1 Week or 1GB (whichever comes first) for $10

• veryveryfrustrated

Can you provide more info about how to actually buy these data passes?  I refuse to call the company every time I need data.  I have the T-Mobile app on my iPhone but it only works about 10% of the time.  Log in fails most of the time, and then when login does succeed, one of the several steps in the data buying process just hangs or fails to load.  So I'd assume I can just go to your website on my computer, log in to my account, and buy a data pass there.  This would be super inconvenient since I usually want to buy data right when the plane lands, but it would be better than nothing.  Well, I logged into my account almost two hours ago and have been looking over every nook and cranny of the various t-mobile.com sites and have not found a place to buy a data pass for my $3/mo pay-as-you-go account.  And even though I'm logged in, every link that looks like it ought to bring me to such a page instead brings me to a page that tries to give me information about the different data plan options.  I don't need any more information, I just need the link to the page where I click "buy" a 1-week data pass so I can give you money.  If I can't find it soon, I might have to begin my search with an A, a T, and another T.  Which I don't want to do because they're awful too.  So please help.