Note 8 O-R-E-O

magenta3795203

My note 8 is super buggy, edge lighting never worked, phone freezes up, have to force reboots, and the list goes on...

When will Samsung Galaxy Note 8 get the Oreo Update?

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Note 8 O-R-E-O

The Note 8 is currently in manufacturers development with the Oreo update, not complete yet and unfortunately no timeline for completion.

That said, we definitely still want to diagnose whatever may be going on with your device! How long has this been a prolem? Have you already cleared up memory and made sure there aren't any harmful apps on the device?

-Lauren

• dragon1562

This does not sound normal. I would like to troubleshoot the device since Android Oreo is a long ways away. To be clear the S8 hasn't even received Oreo yet and it has been a year just about. Samsung was about to roll it out but there was issues so its back in beta.

If possible can you throw the device into safe mode and see how it functions. If performance seems normal then there is some app on the device that is causing issues. If you still have issues in safe mode you may want to back up the device and try a factory reset. If problems still persist after that you should contact T-mobile about a device exchange.

Ofcourse you should also consider just doing a simple restart of the device I.e power it off then on before going through the above steps. Let me know any additional feedback please and I will do my best to help. Also to be clear I am just a fellow peer so if you decide to go through with a exchange you will need to work with the T-force team. You can do so by dialing 611 on the device or via social media like Facebook and Twitter

• magenta3795203

I'll start off by saying I forgot more about phones than most know, Lol. Long time XDA Developer, T-Mobile Business Partner, and T-Mobile dealer.... I believe I just have a lemon.

- Been in safe mode, same issues, they are sporadic, can't duplicate. The Edge lighting notification feature issue is constant though, has never worked, seems to be an on-going issue with lots of Note 8's (Google it).

- I have backed up and wiped phone, tried Edge Lighting Notification Feature even before restoring anything, still doesn't work. I'm hearing the Oreo update addresses it.

- As far as the phone locking up, it's sporadic, I will look down at the phone, blue light flashing, black screen. Have to use power and volume button combo to get it to come back on.

Not all that impressed with the Note 8. May move on to the LG V30 Plus

• dragon1562

I appreciate you getting back to me. I had no way of knowing what you did though from the original thread post. Now I want to ask have you tried getting the device exchanged? As far as the Edge functionally have you tried disabling it and seeing if it helps the performance? I'm telling you for a fact that your device is abnormal in its behavior.

• magenta3795203

....I have not tried to exchange the device as of yet, I strangely enough would like to try to fix it first and wait for the Android Oreo update to see if that fixes anything. I did try to disable and re-enable The Edge Lighting Feature, to no avail. It does seem that my device is behaving abnormally. I especially do not believe it should be locking up like it is.

The edge Lighting Issue seems to be common though See HERE.

• tidbits

It could be very much an app you have installed causing the issue.  Just like words with friends messing up Pixels 2 song feature.

Samsung may also need to update their software to fix it as well.  Did you check to see if it needs to be updated.  I think the past 3 months I've had some of their apps waiting to update to the point I check them all out every once in a while because Galaxy Apps doesn't tell you there is one, and it doesn't show up in the "update" section.  For example keyboard.

• magenta3795203

Finally! The Note 8 Oreo Update!! You can Install it manually if you don't want to wait CLICK HERE