Amplified Plan - How do I enable HD Streaming

smithre4

Previously I was on the One Plus Promo plan that had an option in my account profile under media settings that I used to enable HD streaming. I moved my plan to the Amplified plan that provides One Plus and HD streaming, but the media settings section in my account profile is no longer available. How do I enable HD streaming? I also don't see anything in the app (in fact the app doesn't even list my plan correctly, unlike the web site which does).

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Amplified Plan - How do I enable HD Streaming

Why'd you switch to the same plan?  I am guessing you upgraded to the One Plus International.

One Plus Promo = One Plus without the cost basically.  The only difference is 1 hr gogo inflight(have to log in every hour), and unlimited go go inflight.

Now, activate HD video streaming and 10GB of high-speed Mobile Hotspot data for no extra charge. You will also get unlimited data in 140+ global destinations at twice the speed (up to 256kbps), included free. T-Mobile ONE includes unlimited talk, unlimited text & unlimited data.

Changes made in the middle of a billing cycle will result in full monthly charges of the new feature.

On all T-Mobile plans, during congestion, the small fraction of customers using >50GB/mo. may notice reduced speeds until next bill cycle due to data prioritization.

• tmo_mike_c

Hi there!

Just checking in to see if you still need some help. Please give us a reply and let us know. Thank you!

• smithre4

Hey Mike,

I think so. I tested with a youtube video and was able to select 1080p and it streamed while on an LTE connection. Not sure if that is what was actually delivered, though.

• tmo_mike_c

If you were able to stream, you should be good to go. Have you tested other videos in HD to see if other ones stream as well?

• magenta1629987

I am in the same situation, Amplified but not HD Video option.  After seeing this, I did quite a bit of checking and I get buffering with forcing 1080p.  If I try Netflix, it streams in lower quality (very noticeable) until I connect to wifi.  I know it's not related to just bad coverage or congestion because a speedtest gets about 120-150Mbps down (over mobile network) during times when streaming is buffering (or lower quality).  If I connect to VPN, I'm able to stream in HD without buffering (but I have no desire to have to connect to VPN whenever I watch video).

The HD Video setting has been completely removed from profile. 

• tidbits

Re: Amplified Plan - How do I enable HD Streaming

smithre4 wrote:

Hey Mike,

I think so. I tested with a youtube video and was able to select 1080p and it streamed while on an LTE connection. Not sure if that is what was actually delivered, though.

If you set it to 1080P and it doesn't buffer at all then you are getting 1080P.  If you were on the old plan all you'd see is buffering.