Apple Watch 3 coverage???

gus2532

I am considering getting an Apple Watch series 3(cellular) with T-Mobile. But I have some concerns, so I heard that Apple Watch series 3 doesn’t support roaming, but on T-Mobile’s site, if you choose the country you’re going to visit ( for me in this case it’s Mexico) and choose the device you’ll be using (Apple Watch Series 3), it says that this device will work with some networks in the country. So I wanted to know if this is true and if it is, what are the networks that it will roam on?

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Apple Watch 3 coverage???

Hey there! The Apple Watch series 3 on T-Mobile requires a special kind of wearable plan called our "DIGITS Apple Watch" plan. This plan is essentially the same as our Data with paired DIGITS plan which allows the line to roam in North America (U.S., Mexico, and Canada) and all calls and text are billed at the same rate as part of your primary number. You can also check our roaming coverage for Mexico here International Plans | Traveling Abroad without Roaming Fees | T-Mobile

• dragon1562

Personally I would not but the watch as the cellular antenna inside has proven to not be as good as the one inside the Iphones. Iphones don't even have a great reputation for wireless tech so its not saying much. I would wait one more year or just go for a wifi variant of the device.

• cdyke

Hello, I have an account with free calls/roaming in Canada.  Will the series 3 cellular watch work in Canada? (without my cellphone nearby)

Also, I have international data and roaming on my plan.  Will it work in Europe?

I have been told on the telephone that if I set it up with Digits this will work but other websites (not Tmobile) says it will not.

Considering buying the watch but not sure if I should buy it with or without the cellular option.

Thanks,

C