Refund timelines

lperez0409

Long time T-Mobile customer.  3 days ago paid my bill online and it created a double payment.  I immediately called and they told me there is nothing they can do until 24 hours later.  I called back and was told they could submit a refund but that it would take 7 days.  I said that was unacceptable.  They could immediately take my money but it'll take 7 days to return???!! I asked to speak to a supervisor who then told me because I was so upset that he was going to escalate the refund in 48 hours.  Here I am 72 hours later and nothing.  I call back and was told now that it will take 14 days for my refund starting the second day I called 1/30/18.  These people are heartless thieves.  Unbelievable.  Worst customer service EVER!  I will be leaving T-Mobile immediately!

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Customer Service is a JOKE!

Buy something by bestbuy by credit card and return it.  It will take about 7 days for your CC company to credit you on your return.  There is nothing T-Mobile can do to make it go faster.  The next carrier you go to and if it happen with them(it does from time to time check their customer boards) same results.

• lperez0409

I'm in accounting and understand exactly how a refund works.  I'm talking about the customer service and them telling me different time frames on each call.  Every time I called a different amount of time was given to me and then finally today is the first time I have ever heard 14 days for a refund.  Sorry that is NOT quality customer service.  JOKE.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • dragon1562

Honestly man getting upset doesn't solve anything. It sounds like based off previous posts you got upset with one of the reps and the following rep probably just tried to hasten things and make you happy. 3-7 days is a normal amount of time for things to happen for refunds with most card companies. Their are a few exceptions of course. Honestly though a alternative solution if speed is of importance would be asking them to credit you account for the 2nd payment so that the following month would be paid off as well.

Anywho, I hope this gets resolved for you. I would also reach out to the Social Media team if you feel that unsatisfied with the reps on the phone.

• lperez0409

I have never posted anything negative or hateful about any company ever.  It's not my thing.  But I feel very disappointed in how I've been treated and if I want to express that then I will.  I now want nothing from T-Mobile except for MY money returned to my bank.  If I ask them for an alternative that may take an additional 14 days, no thanks. I will wait for my refund, and be done with them forever, enjoy their crappy service. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • dragon1562

You misunderstand me. Yes you have the right to be upset/ disappointed. However, getting upset and posting things like the original post don't leave much room for people on the forum the help. Thus, leaving you in a odd predicament. I would recommend taking my advice about talking to the T-force team to see how things are going. Also the alternative wouldn't take 14 days as T-mobile would immediately a credit your account but I understand your distrust. Just know I have nothing to gain by defending anyone here. I'm just a customer who likes to help others. I even have a second phone not through T-mobile so I like to think I'm pretty unbiased in that aspect of things.

Again I hope this gets resolved for you

• lperez0409

I appreciate your response. I just needed to express my disappointment & share so that when this happens to some other person, to not go by what the representative on the phone tells them because I was told different time frames each time I called. It' not good customer service no matter what.

• mom2

Re: Refund timelines

oh my, aren't you so wise. It is easy for you to say and judge people when you have NO issue and it does NOT affect you in any way of form. Come back and tell us when life gets harder for you how you respond to it, dear!

• dragon1562

I'm not judging anyone. Its rather presumptuous of you to judge my life when you know nothing about me. Also the condescending attitude is not appreciated when I have never spoken to you.

That all being said context it key as well as my intentions and you clearly took what I said the wrong way. If you needed help with a similar issue listed on this thread I would be glad to help. Otherwise please just leave me be as I'm not trying to have a problem with a stranger. I merely use this forum in my free time because its something I enjoy in my life so don't take that from me.

• tmo_marissa

Hey there, mom2. I was able to locate the post with your detailed situation and I'll reply there shortly -- but I wanted to chime in here and clarify that dragon1562 is another customer like yourself, and I can see after reading over your experience that you have every right to be frustrated. Our Support Community is a public user forum meant to be primarily customer to customer, and dragon1562 is super helpful and active here -- I can vouch that this user did not mean any harm to you or the OP here with the advice that they offered.
                                This thread was originally closed because the user who posted the question didn't return after a few check-ins -- at this point I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread and will archive it shortly, because without details about the scenario we weren't able to offer answers that might help users who come in afterwards with the same question. I didn't want to close it down without letting you know why, and that I'll be taking a look at your post next.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, lperez0409. I definitely don't blame you for being disappointed here -- I'm sorry that we let you down. It's completely reasonable to want a timeline. Thank you for taking the time to post here -- we can definitely forward the feedback about this experience.
                          The timeline can be different based on account details and payment method. Although I can't take a look at the account from here to get you the most detailed specifics, I'd definitely like to try to help provide an accurate expectation of the timeline for your refund. Can I ask if you paid using a credit card or a debit card/electronic check payment? Did the extra payment create a credit balance on the account? Sorry to ask for extra info, but I want to try to give you as reasonable an expectation as possible! Thanks again.

• tmo_marissa

Hi there! Just wanted to check in here and see if you were still looking for some refund timeline specifics! I'd love to snag some guidelines for what we typically expect, I just need a little more info about the situation. If you still have questions, we'd love a few more details when you have a moment! Thank you.