Fake Bogo

magenta4027317

We participated in the iphone 8 bogo in November. The sales assistant registered the phones at the local T-mobile store. After about a 2 hour process I asked if everything was set and I was told yes and I would receive a mastercard in the mail within 2 months for the price of one of the phones. I was not told to register online. Fortunately, I went in to a different t-mobile about 3 weeks later to check on an issue with our bill. I was told then that I needed to register online and given the proper information. I went home and immediately filled out the required paperwork. I called t-mobile a few weeks later and asked them to check and see that everything was properly submitted. They insured me that it was. Well I checked the status of my bogo today and it says it was denied. I am not sure why. I can't tell you how angry this made me. We have been loyal customers on autopay and we get rewarded this way. I am just speechless.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Fake Bogo

It's totally understandable that you'd be disappointed about this, magenta4027317 -- I'm sorry you're in this situation. We appreciate the feedback about your experience applying for the promotion; we don't want our customers to have to visit multiple stores. We also want to make sure you have all the details you deserve about what's going on with your promotion *now*.
        When you review the status, do you see a reason for the denial? What does it say? While we can't review individual accounts, we can definitely pull up the promotion details for you so that you can check that against the denial reason you're seeing. If there's an error here we can provide you with the promo team's contact information so that you can reach out to the right folks directly to get this resolved!
        It stinks that this has taken so much effort so far, but I hope we're able to help get everything back on track for you. Please let us know!

• tmo_marissa

Hi there! Just wanted to check back in with you and see how things were going. Were you able to take a peek at the site again to see if it provides a specific denial reason, and if that seems to fit with your situation? Please keep us posted if you're still looking for some assistance! We're here if you need us.

• magenta4027317

The reasons for denial were both caused by the sales associate. I only

followed her instructions. I was given a credit on my account by a manager.

The credit was $300 less than the bogo. I glad I got something but still

dissatisfied with the whole process.

• tmo_marissa

Oh, ouch! I'm so sorry for that. I'm glad that at least we were able to accommodate some sort of resolution, but I can absolutely appreciate that it wasn't what you expected, and that stinks. When you worked with the management team, did we also take that opportunity to collect feedback and forward it to the retail team? If not, I'd like to send a private message your way to collect some information -- please let me know. While we're not in a position to perform account review or changes from this public user forum, we are definitely able to make sure that we get this concern back to our retail team to prevent the issue going forward.

• magenta4079670

I have been a customer of Tmobile since 1996 when it was Voicestream still.  I have not used any other carrier since.  I have the simple choice plan with 4 lines.  Last November 2017 I inquired about the BOGO offer.  Talked to 2 different representatives on the phone and was told that "no problem...you qualify and we'll send you the 2 new devices".  I had 3 lines and added the 4th. line as required by the representative over the phone.  I did everything that was required to apply and submit what was necessary to receive my rebate card.  Fast forward to February 9th. 2018...way past the 8 weeks and no card, no notification...nothing but crickets.  In the meantime I am paying almost double what I used to.  When I call I am told they'll contact me in 3 days.  After 5 day of no response, I call, talked to a supervisor and was told I do not qualify because I don't have an unlimited data plan?  She said she'll resolve the issue and will call me back in 30 minutes...still waiting a day after!!!

I went through the fine print and it says you need an unlimited data plan.  Why in the first place, I was told I qualified for the BOGO offer with the current plan I have?  Why wasn't I told right there and then for me to make an educated decision instead of telling me all is good and we'll send you the new devices?  Come on Tmobile...you ask a customer to upgrade your devices (2 devices at $30/month), plus ask to add a line (with all the associated cost of it) and on top to switch to an unlimited data plan (that I don't need) at a higher cost per month?  Have I been dupped?  Waiting for a card that will never arrive while paying you guys almost double the money?  Sounds like a great deal...FOR TMOBILE!  Tmobile should ahve been honest about ALL the requirements needed BEFORE signing you up or sending you any device...it is called deceitful practice!  How many more people have been denied th4e rebate card for various reasons or waited linger than required while paying more money to you?

If my issue is not resolved, I am sending your 2 new devices back and cancelling my business with you guys...never had a complaint before this issue in 22 years!  But fooling me into a deal that is out of what I am willing to pay and need for cel phone service is what may make me leave.  At $1,700 for 2 new Galaxy note 8, I could go anywhere to find them....If I wanted, I could have paid cash for them but chose to jump into what appeared a good offer, especially considering the many years I have been loyal to your company.

I refuse to keep paying almost double for what I used to pay based on misinformation from Tmobile.  The fact that I am told twice that you will contact me and don't come through is a lack of respect to me, your customer for 22 years. Either you fix it up or I am moving on...there is plenty of competition out there for my hard earned money and loyalty.

• magenta4027317

I feel your pain. My advice is to work your way up the food chain and

perhaps you will get something. My bogo denial was clearly employee error

and my bill went up too. I was perfectly happy but thought, hey how can you

pass up a free iphone. Nothing is free.

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 5:36 PM, magenta4079670 <no-reply@t-mobile.com>

• tmo_marissa

Hey there, magenta4079670. It's awful to read about this experience. This isn't something we want any customer to go through, but especially not a customer who's entrusted us with their business for well over a decade.
                      It sounds like you've been reaching out for assistance and are waiting for a reply back -- did we set an appointment to follow up with you and miss that commitment? If so, that's a serious ball drop on our end, and not something that we take lightly by any means. While we don't have a secure platform to verify customer accounts from this public user forum, this is absolutely something that we'd like to make sure an internal team is reviewing -- both to get to the bottom of any opportunity we might have to qualify you for this promotion after the fact, and to make sure that any missed follow-ups are being reported to the appropriate teams.

Have you been reaching out to our Care teams over the phone thus far? Do you by any chance have a FB or Twitter account? Since online contact seems like it may be comfortable for you; I want to recommend working with our T-Force team. They're our customer support team via social media (Message on Facebook, DM on Twitter); and in those channels we're able to safely authenticate your account so that we can look at account specifics -- both to see what options we have at this point, and to make sure that we're checking on the return contact that you're still waiting for. I know that at this point you're beyond frustrated, and I'm so sorry -- but I sincerely hope you'll reach out and give us another shot to solve this. Thanks for taking the time to post about your experience here, and please keep us posted on how it goes if you have the opportunity to contact T-Force.

• magenta4079670

Hello Marissa and thank you for contacting me.  As I mentioned, I have made several attempts over the phone but promises to call me never materialize.  After 22 years of loyalty I do feel disappointed.  I should have been told from the get go that an unlimited plan was required to qualify.  I am not looking for anything free but honesty is necessary to maintain loyal customers.  My prior bill was almost $200...the actual one is over $200....double what I used to pay.  I will not pay anu kore bills until my issue is resolved satisfactorily.  I would have never agreed to an agreement that would stick me with $1,700 for 2 devices and on top pay more for an unlimited plan.

I'll Try To contact your T Force team on FB.  In the meantime, I'm Already shopping around in case Tmobile doesn't come through with a solution.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

• magenta4027317

I had more luck with T-force on facebook. I went through 4 different people

though so don't settle for whatever the first person offers unless it is

fair.

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 7:52 PM, magenta4079670 <no-reply@t-mobile.com>

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                              • tmo_marissa

magenta4079670, I'm glad to read you're reaching out to T-Force. I hope that we're able to make this right for you! Thanks for following up here and letting us know you were reaching out. You've described your situation so well and thoroughly here -- I'm sorry I didn't suggest it initially, but honestly one of the easiest things about working with the FB T-Force team is that for the most part you can copy and paste your comment from this post into a message to us there -- that way you don't have to explain the situation again!

• magenta4079670

Already  dealing with the issue on FB.  I'll Follow Your advice.

TThank you.