Chat Support

mrmet

I have been overseas and tried to contact Customer Support via chat.  It is during operating hours.  When I click on "message," the pop-up chat window appears but I get the following error:

Your session has expired. Please close this window and start a new conversation in order to resume.

I am using Chromebook, if that helps.  How can I chat with customer support?:

All replies

• stevetjr

Re: Chat Support

If you have FB or Twitter you can reach them there, actually a really good service that way.  They are called T-Force. Here are the links.

Contact Us | T-Mobile Support

2 of 2 people found this helpful
        • snn555

If you are unable to use social media as mentioned above by Steve then if you have to use chat you need to clear your cache and cookies and reboot. If you're using a PC that's fairly easy if you're using a phone you might need to clear the storage cache and the cash for the Chrome browser. Make sure no other windows are open. Then try to open the page and login again.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_mike_c

Hi there and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble but you do have some great suggestions form our Pillars. Can you give their suggestions a shot and let us know if that worked out for you. Thanks!

• mrmet

I have reached out to them via facebook.  very frustrating.  cleared cache, cookies history, etc.  still get the same warning that the session had ended and start a new one, which for some reason I cannot do.  I'm trying to order a phone to have shipped to my home address as my current phone was stolen in Ecuador and would like a phone when I get back.  but I can't order one because I suspended the stolen line!  Catch 22, eh?  Cheers.

• tmo_mike_c

Oh man. That's so sad hear.

Yeah. You'll need to have the line active to upgrade and get a new phone. One thing you could do is get a new SIM card and use a backup phone, if you have one. That way, the SIM in the other phone won't be active and you can get going on ordering another phone. That's just a suggestion, but I really want you to get another phone for sure.

• mrmet

thanks for following up, Mike.  I had quite the chat with reps on FB.  I was able to get a new phone ordered to be delivered to my home address so I have a phone when I return this weekend.  HOWEVER, for some reason, the order was placed using another phone number on my account (my wife's) and not mine!  They assured me the new phone comes with a blank SIM and all I have to do is call when activate and tell them the SIM is for my number.  Hope it's that easy, but I am not optimistic...this has been one debacle after another.  Do you know if that info is correct?  And, can activation be done online or must I call in?  Cheers

• tmo_mike_c

Ah shucks. That's great you're getting another phone but we totally should have ordered it on the right line. To answer your question, you can activate the SIM on your line since it's not active when it's sent to you. You will need to reach out to us by calling or messaging our FB folks and they'll make sure it's tied to the right phone number.

• sfware

Just want to chime in that the "Message Us" (chat/Engagement Window) option from my.t-mobile.com is not working correctly from Firefox for Linux and almost always says "Your session has expired". It seems to work OK from Chrome for Linux, and it seems to work OK from Firefox for Linux if one if not already "authenticated" to my.t-mobile.com. For example, if one is just browsing around at t-mobile.com, the chat/Engagement Window seems to work fine (especially if you are looking at buying something ;-).

I have attempted to engage T-Mobile Support and T-Mobile Executive Response on this issue (and related issues such as the T-Mobile USA app not working due to what seems like "broken" authentication issues), so hopefully, these issues can be resolved RSN.

Thanks, and best wishes,

Steve.

• sfware

I was able to solve this problem earlier today. I have not yet called TMO support as I am unable to devote the phone time required to articulate/document this with them, but hope to close at least one of my open trouble tickets later this week or this weekend.

Anyway, in your preferred browser settings (Firefox Quantum for Linux 59.0.2, 64-bit, in my case), in Privacy & Security (or similar), one must set "Accept third-party cookies" to "Always" - I had this option set to "From Visited". Privacy and security matters - go configure!

The core problem is that T-Mobile "Message us/Chat" option goes to third-party site https://lpcdn.lpsnmedia.net/... ,which is the kind of third-party site redirect that many folks (like myself) are trying to "protect" themselves from.

So T-Mobile either needs to take ownership of this redirect site (not likely), or right under the "Message us" option, the text should be updated to say something along the lines of "To utilize this Message us/Chat support option, one must set "Accept third-party cookies" to "Always" in your browser settings".

Just to reiterate, "Always" is the default. I had changed this option to "From Visited", based upon suggested privacy/security "best practices". YMMV.

HTH, and later,

Steve.

• magenta4571553

Hello, i want to check to see if i am elg for an upgrade can you let  me know?

also can i ad another line?

• lynn08071983

My name is Randy carpenter and I have a order sit with y'all and my order number is 1174964045