No T-mobile service in Chena Hot Springs Resorts, Alaska?

lovephobia

No T-mobile service in Chena Hot Springs Resorts, Alaska? Is it true as I read it on the websites elsewhere. What should I do to get around no reception of T-Mobile signal in that region when I take my vacation in one week?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Oh man, this is kinda tough. This place is definitely an area that could use some help. Really, the best recommendation I can give you is to sign our petition. Since there's no coverage at all, I can't guarantee coverage will change. In areas like this, we recommend using Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi calling if your phone supports this. Sorry about that. I wish I had another option.

• drnewcomb2

Well, that resort is pretty far out in the woods, 61 miles NE of Fairbanks.  They say ACS/Verizon are the only carriers that have coverage there.  They have paid Internet service in places around the resort. If that's WiFi, you can use WiFi calling to keep in touch. If you need to be more connected, you can do what I do. I keep a an old CDMA flip phone active on a PagePlus PAYG plan. You can do a conditional forward (out of service) on your T-Mobile phone to the PagePlus phone. This will forward incoming calls only when the T-Mobile phone is not otherwise connected.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • dragon1562

drnewcomb2 had a great suggestion. You could also buy a prepaid sim for one month with the local carrier up there if your device is unlocked and use things like facebook messenger to keep in touch back home. Although honestly I would hope this resort has wifi.

1 of 1 people found this helpful