No internet connection in Downtown DC

camglaw

My phone has full 4G lte signal but no internet connection. This only happens while I'm at my office in Downtown DC. How can I solve this? 

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: No internet connection in Downtown DC

Try restarting the phone when this happens. Also try asking around if anyone else has this issue in downtown D.C.

I want to ask what device you are using? Also if this happens both indoors and outdoors? Does it happen at constant times or just location in general?

• camglaw

I have a Galaxy S8. I have restarted the phone but that doesn't solve the problem.

Outdoors connection is really slow but I cannot connect indoors.

I am able to send and receive emails, text, and WhatsApp messages but I cannot send or receive images. So it seems there's some internet but not enough to browse or stream music.

• dragon1562

Can you enter this code in your phone dialer and screen shot the info shown. Write it in without the braces() (*#0011#). Do this for both indoors and out. Also run a speed test to get a accurate picture of the quality of service. It sounds like to me a issue of congestion and the build itself effecting the quality of service but i won't know for sure till the above tests are done.

• camglaw

Screenshot_20180201-143651.png

• camglaw

This is indoors (2:36 pm)

• dragon1562

Ok so its what I suspected. Basically when you are indoors you are connecting to Band 12 which is not good for data speeds. Its basically ment to be a secondary layer of coverage for locations that the main bands that are used can't reach. When you are outside you are only connecting to band 2 (5x5) and band 12(5x5) which is not a lot of spectrum being allocated for the amount people using the network at this time of day.

If I was you I would reach out to the T-force team on social media and refer them to this page. Tell them about the areas coverage suffering from congestion and file a ticket. When they file a ticket they should be able to get additional info for you. Such as if there are any upgrades going on (which would contribute to the poor speeds in the short term). You can also call in of course just make sure to write the ticket number down and the reps that you speak with.

Hope the info helps and  you have any other questions ill do my best to answer or someone else on this awesome forum will.

• camglaw

Screenshot_20180201-152021.png

• dragon1562

Hey just wanted to ask if you had a chance to work with the T-force team to fill a ticket? Let me know if you need further info or assistance, I'll do my best to help and I'm sure others will as well.

• camglaw

They didn't give me a ticket number.

I was told that they are reporting high congestion on the towers during the day which would cause all these symptoms.   Apparently, they are installing new tower just to the east of my location that should increase the capacity in the area and get more data available for everyone to use. They also told me that they are  modernizing other towers in the area as well.

• dragon1562

Awe, well I would insist on a filing a ticket and acquiring the ticket number next time so you can refer back to it. In the meantime I would stress patience since I'm sure coverage will improve. Its D.C after all.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, camglaw! dragon1562 has had a full range of coverage experiences and it looks like the input was super helpful here -- just a great example of why we're so glad to have him in the Community.
                                        When we have known congestion issues in an area, our internal tech team's system typically limits us from filing a ticket, unless the experience is much more severe than what we'd expect from congestion. It's great to hear that there's a new site going up and some modernization underway -- fingers crossed that means you'll see some improvement sooner rather than later! Were we able to provide you with a date range for these changes?