How do I get an incorrect charge by T Mobile removed


    In Christmas 2015 I moved the location of my office in our house. I found cell reception there was poor, and applied to T Mobile for a Cellspot cell service extender. I found it did not improve service greatly and decided to return it. At that time the T Mobile website was not working to allow me to do this. After discussions with your customer reps I was told to return it to my local T Mobile store in Spanish Fort/ Malbis, AL. I did this, but was told that the system was down. So I requested a receipt. I was sent an email  by the sales assistant there who can confirm I gave him the device. After 5 weeks of waiting for your warehouse to locate the device, I was sent another acknowledgement . I felt again that this did not adequately address receipt by yourselves.


    There is a non return fee of $150 on this machine.I have called T Mobile a number of times over the intervening 36 months to get this charge removed, to be told variously that (1)  the charge had been removed,(2)  that the charge could not be removed, and finally (3) that the only way to get the charge removed was to pay the charge.


    I sent a letter to the T Mobile directors detailing all of this with copies of the correspondence and summaries of phone conversations but received no response. Finally today I have written to Callie Field, Senior Vice President of Customer Service.


    I hope that this will get a response.


    Has anyone any other suggestions ? Should I write to the parent company ? Should I complain to FCC ?

    I had service from T Mobile for over 12 years, and it had been very satisfactory up to this time.

      All replies

      • tmo_chris

        I am very sorry you had such a hard time returning the device! I can assure you that this is not your typical return experience but this is something that we can definitely look into. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can use the links in my signature to send a private message to our T-Force team. They will be able to pull up your account and take a closer look at what happened with your return.