Billing problem

magenta3980196

I was a T-Mobile customer for 13 years. I signed up for the 2 free lines promotion in Nov 2016, but the phone rep created a new account for me instead of putting the lines on my existing account. I had to call once or twice a month over the next year to try to get it fixed. Long story short, they were never able to fix my account and I had to upgrade to the new T-Mobile one plan, so in addition to paying more than my legacy plan I had to also pay for the "free" lines and "free" tablet. I canceled my account, but I still have a $199 balance for the "free" tablet. I call twice a day, and occasionally get a rep who says they can take off the balance, but then they don't. It's a waste of my time, and a waste of T-Mobile's time and money.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Billing problem

Yikes that's rough magenta3980196 . This isn't something that normally happens and I'm sad you're going through this. We do wanna make sure we've exhausted everything we can do about that balance. This will require a team with account access. Have you tried reaching out to our T-Force team via the social media links on our Contact Us? This is a good one to run by them so they can look into this further.

• magenta3980196

I haven't tried the social media route. Honestly I've put way too much time into this already. I'm debating between just letting it go to collections or bringing sacks of pennies into a store. Every once in a while I get a rep on the phone who understands the problem, but I guess there isn't much they can do about it.

The support used to be fantastic and I would recommend T-Mobile to everyone, but it has gone downhill in the last few years. I also have two coworkers who had T-Mobile billing problems. They were able to get them resolved, but it took several months of calling. This may be becoming more of a problem with T-Mobile.

• tmo_mike_c

I get that you've spent time on this already, but I definitely recommend you try our social media folks. The are super helpful and you don't have to worry about lugging a bunch of pennies around.

Seriously though, you deserve really great customer service and it's not normal to have to call for months to get issues like this resolved. I appreciate your honesty about the service you've been getting from us and I know we'll continue to work on giving you an experience you deserve. I completely understand saying that doesn't make up for what you've been through, but I do hope you'll give us another shot at giving you better service and getting this resolved. Please reach out to our T-Force team when you get the chance and keep us posted on how things are going. We really do wanna see this to the end and make sure we've done everything we can to help you.

• magenta3980196

The T-Mobile Twitter people just resolved my issue, and my balance is now zero! It's too bad I had to leave over such a stupid problem, but a year of calling in every month was getting old for me. Hopefully the support can get back to what it was before at some point.

Thanks, @tmo_mike_c for suggesting this.