LG G4 replacment

brjsumaho

I have had two LG G4s die on me from the bootloop problem in the past month, first my original phone and then the replacement from my T-Mobile device protection plan. I just found out last night that there's actually been a class action settlement against LG for these phones and a few other models because of the bootloop problem LG Settles Bootloop Lawsuit, Members Can Choose Between Cash Settlement or Rebate (Updated) | Droid Life

So what I want to know is, do I have to get this phone yet again or can I get a different model through the protection plan? I really, really don't trust them to send me one that won't have the exact same problem

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: LG G4 replacment

Oh brjsumaho , this is rough I know. with our  warranty exchanges, it'll be the same device if we do have to exchange it. The only other option would be reaching out to LG directly to see if they have any other solutions. Sorry, this is happening to you and I wish I had another alternative I could give you.

• tidbits

brjsumaho wrote:

I have had two LG G4s die on me from the bootloop problem in the past month, first my original phone and then the replacement from my T-Mobile device protection plan. I just found out last night that there's actually been a class action settlement against LG for these phones and a few other models because of the bootloop problem LG Settles Bootloop Lawsuit, Members Can Choose Between Cash Settlement or Rebate (Updated) | Droid Life

So what I want to know is, do I have to get this phone yet again or can I get a different model through the protection plan? I really, really don't trust them to send me one that won't have the exact same problem

You have to have gone through the lawsuit.  It's either LG gives you $750 for a new LG device or $450 cash.  Since this one is over you have to file your own suit or go through LG themselves.

• snn555

Right now it's a replacement  with a G5  .The G4 is no longer available.  Most likely it is going to be the silver G5 kit. My first one I got a few days ago to replace my G4 which had been replaced before. I replaced the G5 today with a second G5 because the first G5 camera would not focus.

• miket

When my G4 had that problem  - LG had me ship it to them (they emailed label for me to print) and had phone back in less than week.  This was over a year ago.  No cost at all.