Branched from an earlier discussion.

4G LTE CellSpot at work with iPhone X

ashrocks

I have ordered a 4G LTE CellSpot Signal Booster for installing one at my work place. I mean thats what it says on the box. Never have I ever able to take advantage of it. At first, I was told I need to register it with my account, which I dont think it is true because I have used it in the past and it works for any Tmobile signal trying to use the cellspot. Anyways after registering my phone number to the cellspot device, there was no improvement in the signal. Although the cellspot shows a digit 7 or 8 (which is maximum strength), my iphone X cannot pick up from the booster. I had one rep giving a ridiculous explanation that my previous phone iphone 6 plus was not bought through Tmobile therefore the phone cannot catch the signal. I even took the suggestion of replacing the SIM card on my phone but to no avail. Also, the only reason I'm replying here because I couldn't find any other way to create a new topic. If anyone have had a similar experience, chime in.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: 4G LTE CellSpot at work with iPhone X

Hey, ashrocks! I branched your reply to its own thread in the hopes that it might be more easily seen by active users than as an additional comment on a closed thread. Can I clarify if you have a 4G LTE Cellspot or a 4G LTE Signal Booster?

• themyst

Been through two 4G LTE Personal Cellspots, both do not do anything.  Small office space, I see the number 5 on the receiver box, I'm beginning to think this is something to do with the iPhone X and 8 Plus (both on T-Mobile, both get no benefit from the cell booster, however an Android phone on T-Mobile in this space seems to get improvement).

Judging from the fact the Android device works on the cellspot, its something to do with newer iPhones and this device.  Can someone at T-Mobile get to the bottom of this?  The odds of two "defective" cellspots seems highly unlikely.

• dragon1562

If other devices receive a noticeable improvement from the cell spot then you may have a issue with the device. I want to ask before drawing this conclusion what troubleshooting steps have you gone through with the phone? For example, have you tried restarting the device when in the office building? Have you tried putting it into airplane mode and then taking it back out? Does anyone else have a iphone that you can test?

• themyst

Like I said, there are two different iPhones connecting to the CellSpot (iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X). On my personal device (the X) I've tried resetting network settings, restarting (cold booting the phone) restarting the CellSpot, I've even taken the SIM card out and reseated in my device with no change.  When I disable LTE and use 4G-only, there is an improvement in indoor connectivity, but that is the case with or without the CellSpot device.

The issue is the iPhones are not recognizing the CellSpot at all, and does not appear to be a handset issue considering two of the newest Apple handsets are exhibiting the same issue.