Sync up unlocks doors

frito1224

I have a 2014 nissan Sentra and everytime I put the sync up in it after about an hour it gets hot and my doors start to randomly unlock and I can’t relock them, I take the sync up drive out they lock, I replaced my sync up thinking it was the cause and I got the same thing with the new one also the thing messes with my battery when it’s in it tells me it’s critically low and it’s a brand new battery anyone else had the door unlockping issues

All replies

• snn555

Re: Sync up unlocks doors

It sounds like to me that the ECM does not find itself compatible with the sync up. It may be trying to read it and is rejecting it and that is the reason why it's getting hot and also messing with your door locks. Especially if you got 2 sync UPS in a row that malfunction.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • frito1224

When I first got it I didn’t have any problems but after about 3 months is when the problems started to occur I shrugged it off at first thinking it was a problem with my car but I found that wasn’t the case at all I can use the sync up for about 1 1/2 hours but after that it gets really hot and the problems start to occur

• snn555

Well barring any weather-related issues with temperature being too hot or cold or getting too hot while it stays connected to the car's computer and Battery you may have a defective sync up. I would contact T-Mobile buy a phone or social media and see if there are any options.

• tmo_chris

That is super odd! I would recommend taking the device out of your car and contacting our support teams so we can get an escalation sent up to the vendor so this can be investigated.