Samsung S8 BOGO Denied

magenta3948769

Hi,

I have been a T-Mobile customer for almost 3+ years now and have recently had a really bad experience with them. After I saw their BOGO magenta offer for S8 during Thanksgiving, I got really interested in it. I called the customer care and asked if I qualify for the offer with my current plan (Simple Choice with 4GB data) and the rep told me yes, absolutely. All I needed was to add a line. I was excited to hear this and shared this with my family. I called them again the next day to take advantage of the offer and confirmed with a different rep do I qualify for the rebate, another Yes and I went ahead and ordered two S8 and added a new line to my phone. All happy and excited I submit the rebate and it gets denied after 5 weeks. I called the rebate team and they tell me I don't have a qualified plan and asked me to upgrade my Data plan to unlimited. I was transferred over to customer care and I get the same response. Adding Unlimited data to two lines is another $20-$30 per month. Now If I want to get the rebate I need to upgrade the plan or pay $830 from my pocket. Why did T-mobile not communicate this to me before and telling me now when the 30 day window for returning the phones has passed.

After this event my faith in T-mobile has shaken. Serving the customer in a honest way should be the goal of companies like T-mobile.

Thanks.

Disappointed T-mobile Customer

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Samsung S8 BOGO Denied

Hey magenta3948769,

I am so sorry for the confusion. It sounds like like some critical bits of information were missed when you first inquired about the promotion and I sincerely apologize for that. With all of our promotions, we make sure to post all of the requirements like what plan you need to have and or where/how the device needs to be purchased. Depending on where you saw this promotion, the full list of requirements might have been just one additional click away. I know this does not excuse the fact that you were told that you qualify when you called. I cannot make any promises but if you have a Facebook or Twitter account, I would recommend that you reach out to our T-Force team using the links in my signature. They will be able to pull up your account and go over any additional options that there may be.