S7 Update - Now Issues

chris13

I recently updated my Galaxy S7 to the newest Baseband Version: G930TUVS4BRA1 and it has really caused issues with battery performance.  Last week I could pretty much go all day and then some with a charge and it drains now within 7-8 hours to under 15%.  I've also had some Wifi connection issues that weren't there before.  Furthermore, I don't see any info on this new Version on the TMO website or very little when I Google it.  Anyone else having these issues after this update or any suggestions?

PS.  Haven't visited the Support Forum in a while, but man, the functionality for this new site is terrible.  Not user-friendly at all.

All replies

• landonloco

Re: S7 Update - Now Issues

If it's 7 to 8 hours of SOT the battery is fine but if it's standby then there might be a problem did you check the battery usage on settings which appsare consuming the most

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • snn555

Have you wiped the cache and rebooted yet?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • chris13

It's mostly standby with use mostly texts or a call through BT headset.  The usage seems to be mostly the screen, which is set to less than half, Android system, Device Idle, Cell standby, Android OS and Chrome...but all under 10%.  I did do a cache wipe and reboot.  Perhaps, it's just age of the battery now that I think about it.  I've had the phone since mid-late 2016, I think.  I may give the Samsung+ app a whirl after watching battery life a few more days.

Do either of you know any info on this newest Baseband Version?  Thanks landon and snn!

• reachrabi

I'm using S7 edge and did not observ about the battery issue but I Do notice that the Wi-Fi connection dropps frequently after my recent upgrade.

• tmo_marissa

Hey chris13! Just wanted to check in here and see how things are going with your battery life. After a few days, does it seem to be more of an age issue, or are you thinking that the change is significant enough to be an update concern? Did you try out the Samsung+ app?

reachrabi, drops in WiFi connection are definitely weird! I did a quick check and don't see any known issues listed for this so far. Have you given any post-update troubleshooting/TLC to your phone? We have a lot of users and pillars who recommend a cache wipe and possibly a MR after an update as a best practice -- how are things going for you?

• tmo_lauren

Hey there!

Just wanted to check in on the suggestions made above.

-Lauren

• chris13

Thanks TMO ladies.  After watching a few more days, I think it's more of a battery age issue and I'm not going to obsess over it as it's not awful.  Plus, I'll prob switch to the S9 with LTE Band 71 support, since it would be nice to get better coverage in my house, buildings, etc.  Anyway,  didn't get a chance to try the Samsung+ app and just did the normal cache wipe, etc.  Thanks again!

• tmo_lauren

That sounds like a plausible explanation for all of it, even if not ideal!

And good thinking ahead for the additional band support, low band spectrum options are great for building and rural penetration.

Best of luck, and please don't hesitate to reach out again in future!

-Lauren