Fail to unlock note 8

doosanglee

Hi guys I have a trouble with unlocking my galaxy note 8 locked to Tmobile

I definitely bought it from one of the ebay sellers

Also its IMEI was clean, brand-new with box, and still there has been no problem to use it

but when I tried to unlock by using unlock app, it says failed

So I contacted Tmobile customer service, they also said No,unable

What should I do??

I'm a prepaid customer, and I inserted my prepaid sim card into the note 8

So there has been no issue with it

Do I have to use the brand new sim card that comes with this device??

everytime I go out of U.S, I have to temprorary unlock. really uncomfotable

All replies

• magentalifer

Re: Fail to unlock note 8

How weird that it lets you unlock temporary but not permanently. I would reach out to the seller to see if they can contact care to make sure the device is eligible.

• snn555

Unlock your mobile wireless device

Pay attention to the prepaid requirements.

• doosanglee

due to my bad ability to understand

I'm really confused, if possible

could you summarize it for me???

• snn555

Device eligibility is determined as follows:

• The device must be a T-Mobile device.
                  • The device must not be reported to T-Mobile as lost, stolen, or blocked.
                  • The account associated with the device must not be canceled, and be in good standing.
                  • You have requested no more than two mobile device unlock codes per line of service in the last 12 months.
                  • The device must satisfy all the Postpaid or Pay in Advance (Prepaid) Unlocking terms outlined below.
                  • T-Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply.
                  1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • magentalifer

Unlock eligibility for Pay in Advance (Prepaid) phones, tablets, and mobile Internet devices

• The device on the requesting line has been active for more than one year on the T-Mobile network.
                    • If the device has been active for less than one year on the requesting line, the Pay in Advance account associated with the device must have had more than $100 in refills since device first use date. $100 in total refills is required for each device that is requested to be unlocked and does not include the initial activation payment.

How long have you been with T-Mobile?

• tmo_chris

Just wanted to add to the info already here. The device must also be used on the T-Mobile network and the account must be active. Here is a full list of the Pay in advance unlock requirements.

• Account must not be canceled
                  • IMEI is not blocked
                  • Equipment is NOT on the Restricted Device List (there are specific devices we cannot unlock)
                  • Device is a model sold by T-Mobile
                  • Device's IMEI shows network usage on the line of service requesting the unlock
                  • Each active line can only receive two handset unlocks within a 12 month period.
                  • MSISDN / IMEI requesting must show usage and meet the required refill amount or be active for over 1 year
                  • If the IMEI has been used/registered for greater than 365 days from first use date the device qualifies for unlock regardless of refill history below.
                  • If the IMEI has been used/registered for less than 365 days, you must have $100 refill or greater since first use date of device on requesting line. Credits/adjustments do not count as refills.
                  • The first payment does not apply to the refill requirement, unless customers are on the Pay As You Go plan.