International Data Pass

magenta3891650

Has anyone been able to recently purchase and use more than 1 international data pass within a 10 days period without customer service intervention?

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: International Data Pass

Hey there!

That doesn't sound good. What's going on when you try to add an additional pass?

-Lauren

• magenta3891650

Would it be ok if I refer you to the bottom of this thread where I explain the situation? If I used up all data before the 1 week data pass expires, am I able to add another pass?

• tmo_chris

I just read over your reply there and I am very sorry that your data passes are not activating properly. The way is should work is when you have sequential data passes (when you choose the option to add it as a sequential data pass), or when the start time of the second data pass is within the effective time period of the existing data pass. The second data pass become effective at the scheduled start time or as soon as data allocation is reached on the first data pass, whichever comes first.

If this is not happening for you, there is some sort of provisioning issue that we will need to dig into a bit deeper. Please contact us when you have a moment so our care teams can get the ball rolling on this. If there is any confusion about the the intended behavior of data passes, you can let the rep you speak with know to check internal DOC-415441

• magenta3891650

Thank you very much for taking the time to deal with my issue. I have meanwhile moved my data usage to Project FI for less than 50% of the price per GB and 0% of the hassle. I've been really suffering with this since last summer and the prospect of spending yet another hour on the phone with incompetent customer service is really not something I'm looking forward to. I'll come back once t-mobile offers postpaid non-throttled international data.

• magenta3891650

Hello too_chris,

I just reread your answer again. You write:

...when you have sequential data passes (when you choose the option to add it as a sequential data pass), or when the start time of the second data pass is within the effective time period of the existing data pass.

There is no such an option 'sequential data pass' when purchasing data passes. There is no way as well to select a start time within the effective time period of the existing data pass. The only dates that can be chosen are at or after current pass expiration date. And maybe that's what it is. I just need to know that so I can move on without regrets. But constantly hearing that something should work differently than it does without being able to fix it is very frustrating. I have had a ticket open now for two weeks only to hear back from technical support: 'Check the signal strength or partner network congestion'.

• tmo_chris

Thanks for coming back magenta3891650. After looking at the internal document again id does actually appear that adding a second data pass or sequential data pass is something that needs to be done over the phone. The option to add another data pass would be available once your current pass expires at the time limit or when the data for that pass has been used.