switch 2 rebate

switchrebate

I switched to t-mobile and when I did I was told there was $32.00 owing on my phone with Verizon. Well after getting a bill from Verizon there was ~ $400.00 dollars owing on my cell phone. Going back to November, I have been waiting for the check to pay off the Verizon bill. When I called up T-mobile (the place where I had the service turned up and who also processed Verizon's bill told me I would get a text message with a virtual card to pay off the other carrier. Then I went to T-Mobiles website and looked it up and they said a check would be issued in eight weeks and it's processing. Well guess what...eight weeks has gone by and no reimbursement. I think that the better business bureau needs to be called, as I'm looking around there are others in the same situation that I am. If a company says they are going to give rebates on phones when you join their service then they should be held accountable. Please call the better business bureau if you are in the same situation.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: switch 2 rebate

Welcome, switchrebate -- I'm sorry you're not visiting our Community with a better experience to report, but we do appreciate the feedback. While I can't speak to the reason behind the confusion about your remaining VZW device balance, I totally hear your concern -- there's a big difference between $32 and $400, yikes! We want to make absolutely sure that the submission is properly entered for the full remaining device balance, because we know that reimbursement can be a huge motivator for making the switch. Honestly, the program exists because we want to make it easier for customers to join T-Mobile, not harder!

We have escalation processes in place when the standard timeline may have passed but miscommunication of some kind prevented a proper submission request from being filed. We would love to have you reach out to our reimbursement team directly so that we can make sure that things are on track for you, since it sounds like the initial time frame has passed. This team will have access to the submission records to review and can get to the bottom of what's happening here! They're available from 5 AM to 8 PM PST Monday through Friday, and on Saturdays from 5 AM to 5 PM PST.

1-888-390-6867

To reach an agent:

1. Press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish.
        2. Press 3.
        3. Press 1.
        4. Press 1.

We don't want for you to miss out on the reimbursement. Thank you for taking the time to post here and let us know how this is going -- I hope you'll give us the chance to get to the bottom of this delay!

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey there! Just wanted to check in here and see if you'd had a chance to reach out to the Reimbursement team using the number and prompts above. How are things going for you?

• switchrebate

Asking me if it's taken care of is not helping. Taking care of this rebate is how you can help. I still have not received the refund and am wondering if I ever will. Is this how people end up in collections with cell phone services, waiting to get reimbursed from one carrier to the other? I'm totally disappointed in T-Mobile. If you say you are going to give a reimbursement then do it. You have my phone number and email address, still no rebate...plus you have received another payment on the service. Very unhappy customer

• bradgrant

I am not sure how you are going about this but you shouldn't be getting a rebate at all if you are bringing over a phone from another carrier. Getting out the Red is not the same thing as the rebates.

• tmo_lauren

Hey there! Apologies on the delay, with this being a primarily user generated forum we don't always have immediate employee responses! We definitely do want to make sure this gets taken care of for you.

When you called, did you use the reimbursement info Marissa had provided, or call into a rep through standard customer service?

-Lauren

• switchrebate

I’m not sure who you are, but I was told that I will be getting a rebate for a iPhone 7S moving from another carrier to yours. Your t-Mobil center in Sumner loaded the invoice for telephone rebate to your system. Your switch-2 system said it was approved. When I called your service center this week they said it was approved and they would text me the virtual card. This is twice now I was told the virtual card would be texted to me. Now you are trying to tell me I’m not receiving a telephone rebate? Who are you? I will be lodging a complaint to the better business bureau. This is out of hand and so far I’m getting the run around on something that has been approved. Still waiting for the text that will supposedly going to take up to two hours....but is now up to a month.

Sent from my iPhone

• bradgrant

I looked up some information about this situation from T-Mobiles website.  "

PLEASE NOTE: Carrier Freedom cannot be combined with any BOGO or other offer requiring a trade-in.  BOGO and Trade-In submissions will be denied if you have taken advantage of Carrier Freedom.

Before you get started, you’ll need an image of your device payment plan balance or your final bill for your ETF (early termination fee) charges from your previous carrier. Make sure each image shows the itemized final device payment plan balance or ETF charges for each associated phone number you’ve switched. You’ll need to take a screenshot that can be uploaded as a .pdf, .jpg or .png file."

• tmo_mike_c

Hey switchrebate .

Just to be clear, you were told by our rebate team that you'd receive a text for your card? I'm sorry to continue with the questions, but I believe you'll need to continue to work with our rebate team in order to help sort out this rebate at this point. As mentioned before, this is more of a user-to-user help forum. We're at a point where our dedicated rebate team would need to continue to assist you.

• switchrebate

I have called them four times and gotten the same response…..I will receive a text message with a virtual card to pick-up my rebate. Your switch-2 T-Mobile system says I’m approved for the reimbursement of my 7S phone that I had ported over to my new T-Mobile account.

Why don’t you add someone from the rebate team onto this forum? Seems there are other people in the same situation…waiting for their phone reimbursements after switching over to from another carrier to T-Mobile. They should be able to resolve a lot of your switch-2 T-Mobile customer problems.

• tmo_mike_c

Sorry to hear you've called so much. I'm guessing you're told you'll get a message but the message doesn't show up? If so, when you mentioned that after you called again, did they say anything about getting this escalated for you? Sorry to pry, but I'm sure there are some next steps that can be taken to help sort out this rebate. With this being more of a user-to-user help forum, we can give some guidance on pretty much any issue. In some cases, especially like this, we'll need folks involved that have account access and the staff that manages this site wouldn't include our rebate folks. I'm not sure if you're ever reached out to our T-Force folks, but they'd be another team worth running this by. They have account access and maybe able to shed some light on what's happening. If you have FB or Twitter, you could shoot them a message using the social media links in my badge and have them assist further.

• bradgrant

Can you answer a question about carrier freedom. Do you need to always buy a phone or phones on EIP from T-Mobile for carrier freedom? Or will they just give you the card and you can go pay off your old phone and use it on T-Mobile? I know you do not need to trade-in. But do you still need to buy phones?

• tmo_mike_c

Just looking at the FAQ's on our T-Mobile Carrier Freedom page, the purchase of a new phone is required in order to be eligible for this promo bradgrant .

• bradgrant

That is what I thought. You need to buy a new phone. You need to pay off the entire bill. T-Mobile doesn't pay off the bill. They just give you the money so you can even out. The Verizon bill is still completely the persons responsibility. I think there is some confusion. Curious if every single step was taken or they are missing something. I would have if I were the person above go through each step and validate it.

• switchrebate

You know bradgrant you do not belong on this thread. If you are part of T-Mobile customer service you should be fired. I do not appreciate any of your non-customer service help.

The person who replied before you had it right and I will call 611 again to see when T-Mobile is going to give me a credit for a phone under contract that I ported over to t-Mobile.

Stay off this communications bradgrant.

• bradgrant

This is a public forum.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey now.

This is a friendly, helpful forum for anyone to hope on. It's fine if folks want to jump in, but we need to keep things positive here on the message boards.

switchrebate , I know you've called before but I feel like reaching out via 611 is a good idea. We're at a point where we'd need to take a deep look into your account to see what the holdup is with your rebate.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                                        • bradgrant

Yes, that is what I would do. Start from the first stage, then validate each point. Once that is done if there is no reason that the rebate is getting held back it should be sent out right away. But if there is something missing that is holding it back it should be reviewed as to why. In these situations it is usually because the amount is stuck on something. Things can appear to work perfectly and someone can hit the approval button however if their system rejects the payment it does not go into dispute automatically. It will just sit there. I looked on Reddit a little about this.

• bradgrant

There is one thing where you can get a rebate on the phones you purchase through T-Mobile. There is another thing where it is get out of the red which helps you pay off your stuff from the other carrier. The phones must be turned in though I believe. They must be completely paid off. I do not know the specific terms but I know you have to read the compatibility docs on the rebate vs the get out of red. However, I do not believe they will simply pay off your phone and let you keep it.