Regret moving from Verizon - Totally misled

dbletl

I just recently switched over from Verizon and I'm totally regretting my decision.  I specifically asked if I could bring my Verizon Samsung phones with me as they were paid in full and I didn't want to have to purchase new phones.  I was told absolutely.  All I needed to do was pop in a sim card and I would be good to go.  Well, come to find out the hard way that I was given inaccurate information.  If all I need to do is text, then I guess the phone works but if I want to make and receive calls or text photos I'm SOL.  I did end up purchasing two phones as they were running a BOGO special so those phones aren't an issue but my husband hasn't had a working phone in two weeks. I have spent probably 20 hours on the phone with T-Mobile trying to resolve the issue only to be told that I'll have to buy a new phone since the Samsung phone we have can only be used with Verizon.  This is infuriating! I feel like this was a total bait and switch.  I specifically asked about this before switching. Had T-Mobile been upfront with me initially, I would have remained with Verizon and saved my sanity!

All replies

• snn555

Re: Regret moving from Verizon - Totally misled

I'd contact T-Force on Twitter or Facebook and ask them to explain to you how to set the APN settings so that the Verizon phones will work on T-Mobile.

• stevetjr

Verizon does at little thing to do just that and on some phones hard codes some of the APN information in it just to be a PITA.  They are just sore losers.

As mention above if you fix the APN you shouldn't have any issues;

BYOD T-Mobile data & APN settings

If you do it and it works but then reverts you have one that Verizon has really messed with but there is a trick to that also.  Samsung phones allow you to put a second alternate APN in besides the default.  Add a new APN rather than change the original then make your alternate one (with TMO info) that active one and it won't keep changing back.

• dbletl

I already tried changing the APN settings. As I stated in my earlier post, I have spent almost 20 hours talking to T-Mobile trying to get this resolved. Changing my APN settings did not work. 

• dbletl

So I ended up going to a T-Mobile store to try and straighten this mess out only to be told the Samsung phone was incompatible and I would need to purchase another one.  Switching over from Verizon has not been a wise decision.  So far I've had to purchase three new phones when I had perfectly good working phones that were paid for.  I was also told my parents could easily switch their phones over and found out that was untrue as well. They decided to stay with Verizon because they didn't want to spend money on new phones. I was told that I could take their sim cards back to a local store for a refund. I tried that and was told that the stores don't do refunds on sim cards.  The only reason I bought them in the first place was because T-Mobile told me they would work and now they won't give me my money back for their error? Finally, I got my bill and they are charging me fifteen days before my phones were even ported over.  Yes, Verizon is more expensive but sometimes you get what you pay for.  This has been one of the most aggravating experiences I've ever had with a retailer. I was the T-Mobile guinea pig in the family. Everyone is waiting to see how this goes before making a decision on whether or not to switch.  I'm 100% certain they'll be staying with Verizon.

• trhywrd12

I switched from VZW to T-Mobile 3 days ago. Its been birthing but headaches since. I didn't have APN settings in my phone, so I added the Non T-Mobile APN and mirrored the instructions. Now, I can receive mms messages, but I am not receiving any calls. They are saying the phone rings twice and goes to voicemail. My phone never rings. After I listen to the voicemail, I can call them back. Also, I can send and receive sms messages to an android t-mobile phone, but only periodically from a sprint Apple phone. I downloaded the BYOD app and it says my device may not be compatible...even though the T-Mobile store manage in Gallatin told me my phone would work. Please help. My zip code is 37087