Netflix for Loyal and old customers

magenta3870740

Hi I have been with TMobile for atleast 12-15 years and have been loyal all these years... but i am a little upset when the customer service told me that i cannot get the netflix for free because you are not on tomobile one... I dont want to move to tmobile one as i have to pay more that what my grandfather plan offers ...

Can some one from tmobile look into this and see if i can get free netflix wihout moving my plan....

All replies

• theartiszan

Re: Netflix for Loyal and old customers

It is a requirement to be on the new plan. That's an incentive to get people on the more recent plans and switch from other providers. It does cost T-Mobile to provide Netflix to customers. If they offer it to everyone, they would be losing money. Being on a grandfathered plan is like getting a discount over current rates rather than then forcing you to always be on current plans. With my family plan, I'm saving about 30 a month for the services I use. And that is cheaper than any other provider. That is why they don't offer it to grandfathered plans though.

• magenta3870740

Moving to Verizon I will end up spending the same and they are announcing free Netflix as well ... May be I should consider that ....

• tidbits

magenta3870740 wrote:

Moving to Verizon I will end up spending the same and they are announcing free Netflix as well ... May be I should consider that ....

At what point does a business get to make money for itself?  Switching to Verizon you'd pay more per month AND you still have to pay for netflix.  Seems like an empty threat or a bad choice if that's the only reason for switching. At some point T-Mobile is going to have to put their foot down so they can make profits to sustain their business and future build outs/spectrum sales.

Here's the FAQ.  If you are on a grandfathered plan you pay taxes which means it fits under this bullet

• Any tax excluded plans

Netflix On Us

• tmo_marissa

Hi, magenta3870740. Thank you *so* much for trusting us with your business for so many years! I know some of our most knowledgeable community members have already chimed in here, but I wanted to elaborate a bit. When we look at grandfathered rates, which are typically lower than current rates (otherwise, we need to get you switched so you can start saving $$$, not just for Netflix!), the plan type may honestly just offer a great deal already, so that's why they wouldn't be eligible to be combined with other discounts and promotions. This doesn't just impact grandfathered accounts -- some T-Mobile ONE plans aren't eligible either, for this same reason. For example, the Netflix On Us promo has a $10.99/month value. With the 2/$100 T-Mobile ONE plan, customers receive $20 off, which is a better discount. For customers on our Unlimited 55+ T-Mobile ONE plan, they receive $60 off of the regular rate per month, so definitely a much better discount than the $10.99/month of the standard Netflix plan. I hope that helps shed a little light on this business decision. Thanks for posting here and offering your feedback.