NOT HAPPY WITH TMOBILE

victorscarlo

I am going rant a rave a little bit. I am a customer for a little over  a year with 6 lines on my account, paying $300 a month. On December 9th I decided to switch from an iPhone 7 to a note 8, biggest regret ever. I love this phone, it' bbeautiful, fast, takes very good pics and is amazing. Here goes the issue. December 12th to the 24th I took my family on a vacation, no issues with the phone. On the 26th I left for a business trip until Jan 2nd. While I was away, my phone froze a couple times while charging it at night til morning. I would wake up to an unresponsive phone. After I got home I took it to t-obile to be told I was outside my "remorse period of 14 days" so I couldn' ttrade it for an apple. Ok, so let' sstart the warranty process! Received the BRAND NEW phone 3 days later to yesterday morning waking up to my phone being frozen again and unresponsive! Weird... I went out bought a new charger, did a factory reset on the phone and was woken by my wife this morning an hour late to work! Again, phone frozen and unresponsive causing the alarm to not go off. Back to t-mobile I go! Went to t-mobile and was told I have two options, 1. Do another warranty exchange or 2. Pay ANOTHER 290 towards the Note 8 so I can use jump to get an iPhone. Wait, SERIOUS??? SO, let me get this right, you want me to shell out $290 for a phone company that is clearly defective after I just spent $170 a month ago so I can get a new phone?!! Contacting customer service was pointless as I was told I have to deal with this until Samsung updates their firmware as it's a known issue OR pay $290 to jump to an iPhone. The phone is a month old and I'm told to blow more money to a company that makes billions! A good company stands behind their products and helps the customer to make sure they'ea happy, 100%. If this does not work out and I'm sure the next representative will tell me this is just the way it is, I will be reporting to the BB,  my attorney  AND I will be posting this and make it spread all across social media if this is not dealt with soon. Now, what would make me happy? Take the Note back and allow me to upgrade at NO extra cost of the note to the iphone X. It's that simple!

All replies

• snn555

Re: NOT HAPPY WITH TMOBILE

Pssst.....T-Mobile doesn't make the phones nor profit off the sale of those phones.  If they did, they wouldn't have to sell phones made by other companies.

Samsung, Apple, etc...need a place to sell their phones.  Carriers need phones on their network.  It's a tit-for-tat.  They charge full-price usually (sometimes you can apply for high or no interest credit) while buying from a carrier allows interest-free financing over 24 months.

We have all been stuck with phones that we thought were horrible.  I know, I have an iPhone 7 Plus.  Still regretting that purchase now that it is worth only $200 bucks and cost $800.

• victorscarlo

I think you missed the whole point here. It' not abt not liking the phone, I LOVE the phone.. It's about being stuck with a phone that I was a few days out of return period, that is riddled with problems and being told I have no option but to spend more money on it to get out of it. This is not a phone that I've had for a year a got bored with and it's value dropped tremendously. Let me put it to you this way; let'  say you buy a car and it's worth 30k. The car you buy is great for two weeks then all the sudden the motor goes out on it. Ok, new cars can have defects so let' get it fixed. You get this car back that your spending $400 a month on and a week later the motor goes again as well as the transmission. OK so at this point t your upset cause you have a lemon. You go back to the dealer because you know your stuck with this car and see what can be done for you, it' oonly a couple weeks ols! The dealer says ok, well take back the car, but you need to pay $12000 more and then put down another $3000 for a new car. What do you do? I want an honest answer. Also, iPhone 7 plus' go for 400-500 online, your a little low on price.

• snn555

My point was that you're blaming TMobile for a product it does not manufacture. And the going trade in value for an iPhone 7 plus 32 gig is $225. If you can find someone to buy the phone straight out and resold you might get 400 most likely less because of the battery issues currently in the news.  You might get slightly more if you replace the battery but batteries are on backorder with Apple so you would not be able to get a battery to replace the old defective one at this point in time so you would have to settle for less.

• snn555

My point there is that no matter the carrier and no matter the manufacturer everybody has problems and you go over to Verizon you read the same things about Apple Samsung whoever. So wireless companies can only do their best with their Network and manufacturers have to deal with the hardware and software of the phones they make and sell on carriers programs.

• victorscarlo

Absolutely I'm blaming T-Mobile. I know it's not their fault that the phone is messed up but being that they sell these phones that are known to have lots of issues they should back up their products that they are selling. I am in an industry where if a customer has an issue with their product that we install even though it's not branded by our name we will hundred percent make sure the customer is satisfied even if it means replacing it with a different brand. I'm not talking about $800 phones I'm talking about $5,000 products that we deal with. It's all about keeping the customer happy

• gramps28

Out of curiosity, why do you charge your phone overnight?

• gramps28

My Nexus 5X used to charge from 10% to full charge in a little over an hour.

The newer phones don't need that much time to charge but that's just my opinion.

• victorscarlo

I know it' nnot good to charge at night but for right now it' mmy only option. I doubt that' wwhat's causing it. I'e nnever seen a phone act up like this after leaving it charged overnight. I used to do it with my apple phones for the past 4 years I've owned them and never had any battery issues

• snn555

Charging an iPhone every night to full capacity greatly reduces its lifespan and its capacity to hold a charge. This in turn leads to CPU throttling. So the weaker your battery the slower your phone because the more you charge it the more this happens.

• victorscarlo

That's fine and I completely understand your point. I am just sharing with you my experiences of charging phones overnight as I have been doing forever.

• snn555

In all honesty if you have had a problem and exchanged it for a replacement and still have the same problems yet you've already reset the phone I can only wonder if there is a backup of an app or system settings that is getting restored when you set the phone back up that that is causing the problem.

If you restore from a backed up file you restore those in correct settings and corrupt attributes. Also even if you are not restoring from a backup from a previous setup you could be restoring corrupted app information if your settings for Google Play Store are set to restore app settings when they automatically redownload.

That is the only thing I can think of that is shared between defective phone 1 and defective phone 2  and that is app and or system information corruption.

I don't see the connection being between two perfectly unset up phones doing the same thing if it's not because of some sort of backup file incompatibility.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                                    • tmo_chris

Hey victorscarlo

I am very sorry that you are having so many issues with the Note 8. It is actually a really great device and this sort of issue is not very common. As snn555 mentioned, if you are having the same issue on multiple phones, there is a possibility that your backup that you are restoring each time you reset or get a new phone has some sort of corruption. If you have not already, please try putting your phone in safe mode for an overnight charging session and see if the phone locks up on you again. If there are no problems, the issue is more than likely with a 3rd party app as safe mode disables all 3rd party apps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                      • tmo_mike_c

Hi there!

Have you had the chance to try the suggestion above? Please let us know if you need more help. Thanks!

• tmo_marissa

Howdy! Just wanted to check in with you and see if you'd had a chance to test out Safe Mode as Chris mentioned. Were you able to charge more smoothly with Safe Mode enabled? Hope things are going well!

- Marissa