Mandatory Evacuation FEMA disaster area

magenta3870348

Dear T-Mobile Customer Service,

I texted you about this a week or so ago...but have received no response.

We have been evacuated from a disaster area with our kids and pets. Check our address. We are safe but dozens have died and lost their houses.  Our kids have now missed a month of elementary school.  For periods of time all we had for communication, news and information was cellular so we used more data than normal.  It would be kind of you to not throttle our data speed.

Thanks,

Marc

Data Limit Reached | Line 805267XXXX has used all of the 2.00 GB high speed data included in your monthly data plan.You will be limited to 2G data speeds until Jan 20 2018. Get more high speed data

Data Limit Reached | Line 805708XXXX has used all of the 2.00 GB high speed data included in your monthly data plan.You will be limited to 2G data speeds until Jan 20 2018. Get more high speed data

Data Limit Reached | Line 808238XXXX has used all of the 2.00 GB high speed data included in your monthly data plan.You will be limited to 2G data speeds until Jan 20 2018. Get more high speed data

*edited to remove personal information - Marissa

All replies

• snn555

Re: Mandatory Evacuation FEMA disaster area

Typically in disaster situations TMobile is very lenient such as allowing people to pay their bill later than usual or in installments. In this case you still have data and phone calls and texts as well as Services. Because you are throttled does not mean you are unable to communicate or use data. To be clear I am not an employee but another customer. I can understand why there would be some outrage if Services were not delivered or unavailable however all things seem to be working according to the plan that you have subscribed to.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Hi, Marc. Thanks so much for posting here. I'm so sorry you and your family have been displaced for so long -- I can't imagine what you're going through. I have friends in an area impacted by the fires who have been evacuated multiple times now, but as a parent, the idea of going through that with kids sounds so stressful. I understand that you're using more data than usual during this time.

I know that we've been doing our best to make sure our network's operating as usual and recovering ASAP when necessary, and that we're working on extensions for folks in this situation, as snn555 mentioned, but at this point I don't see any official process outlined for a situation like yours, where the LTE portion of your data bucket's exhausted. I can definitely forward that feedback on a high level, but for immediate support to see if we have any options that might help, we'd love it if you could reach out to a team with account access. I know you mentioned that you sent a message -- I'm guessing through the T-Mobile app -- and didn't hear back; I'm very sorry for that.

Our T-Force team (on Twitter and Facebook) offer online support with individual account access. In those channels we have a secure platform for account verification, and can take a look at the account and see if we can craft a resolution option for you in this situation. Although we don't have the ability to remove the "throttle", so to speak, and I know that these plan types are grandfathered, we may be able to look into an alternate plan temporarily? Without the ability to access your account or make changes, it's tough to say exactly what we're able to do, but we'd definitely like the opportunity to try. Can you reach out to them and then let us know how it goes?

Thanks so much for taking the time to post here. I know you've got a ton on your plate.

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey, Marc! Sorry to respond again so soon, but I'd like to collect a little more information from you if you don't mind. I'm going to send a private message your way in just a moment -- can you take a look and reply in your inbox when you have a chance? Thank you so much!

- Marissa