Note 8 Bogo Denied after 8 weeks

magenta3812059

Hello,

So I purchased 2 Galaxy Note 8's and added a Line to my Plan and doing so obviously qualify for the Note 8 Bogo promotion.

8 weeks ago I apply for said Promotion and was denied monday about 8 weeks later.

So I call customer service they check and say that I am eligeable and transfer me to the promotions team, they also check and come to the conclusion that I am eligeable.

So the lady re submits my application and now I have to wait another 6-8 weeks!

My question why was my account not checked the first time? And why if the customer service rep. working for promotions says I am eligeable do I have to wait again?

I wasnt informed I was denied I had to check myself and it took exactly 8 weeks. Now again I have to wait to maybe be denied again?

This promotion is seeming more and more like a bait and switch I wouldnt have bought those 2 extremely expensive phones if it wasn't for the promotion!

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Note 8 Bogo Denied after 8 weeks

It's so awful to have to wait longer than you were originally told and I'm sorry this happened. As long as you meet all the qualifications and submit your request, it should go smoothly. In the off chance it doesn't go through like it should, we do have ways to escalate it internally on our end. As long as everything matches up, you should have to repeat the waiting process another time.

• magenta4074468

I also have the same issue on an iPhone BOGO offer from Dec 2017.  I first used the website Customer Support messaging to find out if I qualify for the offer.  Wasn't able to get an answer after a few attempts so I called 611.  I explicitly asked to let me know if I don't qualify or if there would be any issues as I don't want to be in a position of getting denied the offer and I was told that there were no problems with me getting the rebate as long as I submit it.

After submitting the rebate on Jan 2, 2018, it took more than a month (I found out the status this week) to find out that it was denied because the plan that I'm in does not fall under the promo.  What???  I'm now stuck with close to $2k bill (2 iPhone 8 Pluses) that I would not have incurred if I was told the truth.  When they transfer me to the rebate hotline, they get me to a juncture where they ask if one of the reasons was that my plan doesn't qualify.  If you answer yes, the canned response is to upgrade to a qualified plan.  Textbook BAIT AND SWITCH.  Not only that, I even opened up a new line to "qualify" for the promo.  I really need help as this created a financial crunch now for a very long time customer.