Collections on fraud account

I had an account that i didn't know about until last summer after I heard that my cousins girlfriend opened one up without my knowledge.  It was active for about 1 to 2 years.  I never received any letters, bills etc.  I never even authorized it. Apparently she tried to get on a family plan without me present and they offered her to open a new account under my name/credit... She did this in person and opened two accounts and bought phones and other stuff under eip, all under my name. I never was present, I never signed any eips... but all was done through my name and eips through her email with an electronic signature that I guess was electronically signed as me.  Mind you this was done in Illinois while I was living in Colorado where I still reside.  Her relationship went sour and she told me about the account and that she won't be paying it. She moved out and I haven't heard back from her.  I contacted tmobile and they said they'd fix it and I wouldn't be held accountable-- or so it sounds like they were trying to tell me but some didn't speak English well and others couldn't find that account any more telling me if was taken care of and not to worry.  I have called multiple times, same answer.  I'm still seeing the collection on my credit report.  I am tired of calling tmobile.  I can't get a hold of her,  T-Mobile tells me they'll fix it but nothing to date.  What should I do?  I don't understand how something like this can happen in the first place, and how did someone in the physical retail store do something fraudulent like this without getting proper identification to start a new line/contract. 

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Collections on fraud account

My goodness ppsihos, I am so sorry you are having to go through this! We take fraudulent activity very seriously and we definitely want to get into your account and see what specifically happened. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, please use the links in my signature to send a direct message to our T-Force team. They will be able pull up and securely verify your account as well as investigate what specifically happened with this fraudulent account opened in your name.

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Collections on fraud account

Hey there!

Chris has a great suggestion on getting this taken care of for you. Can you give our T-Force a shot at this and let us know how things are going? Thank you.