Need Assistance

laquadia

I am a new T-Mobile customer. I have to say that our switch from Sprint (more than 15years with them) was not a great decision after all. When we initally signed up with T-Mobile there were things that were promised and the transaction was not handled with complete integrity by the T-Mobile store in Raleigh NC off Trawick Rd. First, the initial setup of our phones took 2 days; now this bothered me, but I I didnt complain because I felt as if we were putting ourselves in a better position. I eventually had to take both the old phone and new phone home and transfer information myself. Secondly, the rep stated that we would be able to upgrade our phones at anytime, which we found out was not true after we went to a TMobile store to upgrade a device and the store employee in Fayetteville, NC Mall looked at us with disgust when we stated what we were there for and rudely told us we couldnt. Lastly, when we initially signed up for T-Mobile, the rep told us she was GIVING us a bag of goodies. We didnt ask for anything beyond the upgrade feature and the ability to get 2 lines for a great price. Little did we know that the bag of goodies were not free. We left Sprint, whom we never had any issues with< to come to T-Mobile to decrease our bill to only end up paying more with T-Mobile than with Sprint. 

I tried to call T-Mobile customer service and they WILL NOT help us out. I know that getting out of a contract is not easy and I havent tried to get out of the contract.  I just want T-Mobile to make this right. The goodie bag is a waste of money. Why would I setup a payment arrangement for a case and phone screen protector? That doesnt make smart financial sense. I am upset that I didnt pay more attention to the deceit by the store. And I more upset that everytime I have tried to contact customer support that just say go back to the store. Believe me I would if it wasnt 2 hours away.

All replies

• snn555

Re: Need Assistance

laquadia wrote:

I am a new T-Mobile customer. I have to say that our switch from Sprint (more than 15years with them) was not a great decision after all. When we initally signed up with T-Mobile there were things that were promised and the transaction was not handled with complete integrity by the T-Mobile store in Raleigh NC off Trawick Rd. First, the initial setup of our phones took 2 days; now this bothered me, but I I didnt complain because I felt as if we were putting ourselves in a better position. I eventually had to take both the old phone and new phone home and transfer information myself.

Info from the old phone to the new phone if you're staying within an ecosystem is generally pretty easy as logging into your Google account on Android and Apple ID on apples and the information is it generally transferred over such as contacts apps things like that. Documents music and things like that are generally backed up to a PC or a cloud drive and then just dropped back onto the new device.

Secondly, the rep stated that we would be able to upgrade our phones at anytime, which we found out was not true after we went to a TMobile store to upgrade a device and the store employee in Fayetteville, NC Mall looked at us with disgust when we stated what we were there for and rudely told us we couldnt.

You can upgrade at any time however credit is a factor and sometimes you have to have devices paid off before getting into a new EIP agreement.

Lastly, when we initially signed up for T-Mobile, the rep told us she was GIVING us a bag of goodies. We didnt ask for anything beyond the upgrade feature and the ability to get 2 lines for a great price. Little did we know that the bag of goodies were not free. We left Sprint, whom we never had any issues with< to come to T-Mobile to decrease our bill to only end up paying more with T-Mobile than with Sprint.

Always look at the screen before you agree to pay for an door signs for goods and services as at the time those goodies as you say were free but added to your monthly agreements price however no payment was necessary at the time of purchase.

I tried to call T-Mobile customer service and they WILL NOT help us out. I know that getting out of a contract is not easy and I havent tried to get out of the contract. I just want T-Mobile to make this right. The goodie bag is a waste of money. Why would I setup a payment arrangement for a case and phone screen protector? That doesnt make smart financial sense. I am upset that I didnt pay more attention to the deceit by the store. And I more upset that everytime I have tried to contact customer support that just say go back to the store. Believe me I would if it wasnt 2 hours away.

There are no such things as contracts anymore. If you wish to leave all you must do is pay off any outstanding balances and then you are free to go to the carrier of your choice.

Having said all of that is up to you in the store to rectify any disagreement with items purchased and the price thereof. It would be hard to dispute that if you agreed to pay for those items on the checkout screen.

Hopefully you can work out a peaceful resolution that you're satisfied with because if your bill is less in your coverage is more than you're actually still winning.

• laquadia

Thanks for your response! Your response has been the typical none caring response I have received from T-Mobile. You have went overboard with your lack of actual concern for customer service and support.

If I could leave T-mobile without being left with a bill, I would.

thanks For your true lack of concern. i wish TMobile was a better experince

• tidbits

laquadia wrote:

Thanks for your response! Your response has been the typical none caring response I have received from T-Mobile. You have went overboard with your lack of actual concern for customer service and support.

If I could leave T-mobile without being left with a bill, I would.

thanks For your true lack of concern. i wish TMobile was a better experince

This is a customer to customer board first and foremost. Once in a while reps respond, but generally customer responses is what you will get.  The problem with reps.  You'll have your good ones and your bad ones doesn't matter what carrier.  Even if you were with Sprint they'd make you go back to the store if they did the same thing to you.  Inventory between Stores and Online/CS is different.  Also transactions are separate because of that.

I could tell you about my horror stories with Sprint.  I honestly will not go back to them if they were the last company on earth to offer cell service.  I really do mean it.  2 years better part of my life for their mistakes.  I broke even after the lawyer fees is all I have to say, and their arbitration is a joke.

• tmo_marissa

Yowch, laquadia. I completely understand your disappointment, because this isn't the welcome we want to give any new customer. I'm so sorry that your experience played out this way.
              As tidbits mentioned, our Community is a public user forum -- a place where customers can ask questions and get assistance from one another. I know our users offer sound advice, but I can see how without understanding who the reply was coming from, this may have come across in a way totally counter to what you were expecting, and made a negative experience even more stressful. Please allow me to sincerely apologize for any confusion in that regard.

Since our Community is intended to primarily be a peer to peer forum, we don't have a secure platform to verify customer accounts and take a look at what happened from here. I know you mentioned reaching out to our Care team and feeling as though the response was not helpful -- I'm sorry about that, and we can definitely forward that feedback.
              I can't promise what resolution options we'd have, but if you're game to try working with another team who do have account access and can review the notes and records, I would strongly recommend reaching out to our T-Force team. They're our social media support team on Twitter and Facebook -- if you're logged in to a Twitter ID or Facebook account right now, you can reach out to them simply by clicking either link in my badge below this response. Through FB Message and DM in Twitter we can verify your account and try to get to the bottom of this, and see what options we have to right this situation.

Please keep us posted on how it goes if you're willing to reach out to T-Force. I understand that this has already been quite a trial, but they've got a really great track record of assisting customers in unusual situations, and I'm hoping that this won't be any different.

Thanks for taking the time to post your concern here, and again I'm so sorry if we added any more trouble to your plate.

- Marissa