VUDU Promotion Over??

hallda

Just wondering if anyone has seen anything stating the VUDU promotion through Binge On is no longer available?

Binge On® how-tos

I've used this before, but now I'm seeing a message stating "There were no promotions that matched your search criteria"

All replies

• hallda

Re: VUDU Promotion Over??

Just adding additional information.  The following site talks about the Binge On and still talks about getting a free Vudu movie rental per month.

Binge On | Video Streaming without Using Your 4G LTE Data | T-Mobile

• tmo_lauren

Hmm.

I am doing some research and follow up on this, I don't see anything formally saying it's ended offhand. Do you recall the last time you were able to use it?

Thanks so much in advance.

-Lauren

• hallda

Looks like it might have been a fluke.  I just tried it again today and it is working.

The last time I had used it was Nov 28, 2017.

tmo_lauren wrote:

Hmm.

I am doing some research and follow up on this, I don't see anything formally saying it's ended offhand. Do you recall the last time you were able to use it?

Thanks so much in advance.

-Lauren

• magenta4453333

I just went in to claim my march code and saw that it is endingat the end of this month.  I think it's another tactic to get everyone who is holding on to the simple choice plan to move to tmobile one. I have 8 lines i can add to my account that they will not let me aadd a line.  I haven't been able to participate in any bogo deals before now because you have to add a line. Well there are only SO MANY PEOPLE in a family and you can't add lines forever. I feel lone tmobile doesnt do much to thank current customersthat have bbeen loyal for years and years. But all the deals are for newer customers. And this recent deal only gives me 200 off if  i trade in my phone. Well i have 5 LINES  and i cannot pay 30 per phone to get 3 or 4 lines to upgrade . This is getting super frustrating to hang on much longer. I can get better deals if i switch companies

• dragon1562

There is nothing stopping you from switching over to the new plans. If they offer better value you should take advantage of them. Right now I would say T-mobile still has the best plans on the market, especially when it comes to premium options. The only person cheaper than T-mobile as far as pricing is concerned is Sprint and there plans, including the high end ones have a whole bunch of caveats to how they can be used.

• magenta4453333

Of course there is nothing stopping me from switching over to the new

plans. However i do not want to. I get more with the hotspot set up i have.

Ive been in the store numerous times and the great reps who agree that im

getting more fir ly money with my current plan have tried to find a way for

me to take advantage of the phone deals but they cannot because it is

locked down as far as additions. So that's my hesitation switching over is

that I'll lose my TRUE unlimited 4g lte hotspot if i switch over and we

use it significantly enough to NOT want to switch.  I love tmobile and have

been with them for about a decade but like i said deals on phones are

geared towards new customers. I've considered changing my plan and giving

up 3 things we use frequently to make the new plan work to take advantage

of the phone plans but now I'm only able to get $200 for the phones we

always get which is the samsung note line. Not much of a deal

• gramps28

You need to remember their is no "True Unlimited Hotspot" since they all devices can

have their data throttled according to the T&C's.

I believe it's 32gb's is the threshold where they may start slowing your speeds.

• magenta4453333

Key words are MAY. We either dont go over 32 or they've never throttled me.

I know we use more than 10 and I'm not ecstatic about paying additional to

have more when i don't have to currently. Two cust service reps agreed that

i shouldn't touch my plan based off the way we use it and comparing it to

the new plan. And they were trying to get me to switch to sell the plan and

2 new phones. So if they tell me that after me explaining how i use our

plan and they are losing commission by telling me the truth, that is pretty

solid to me. And i appreciate their honesty because reps aren't always

clear

• barcodeable

T-Mobile changed the threshold / upgraded from 32GB in September of last year to 50 GB.

• dragon1562

What plan had "TRUE unlimited" hotspot data? As far as I am aware that did not become a thing until T-mobile one plus international came about. Also what are the three things you need to give up to switch plans? Also $200 buck is not terrible all things considered  you may be able to get more if you deal with Samsung directly.

• magenta4453333

Samsung will only give $50 for the note 4 so it is more  beneficial for us

to go with tmobile's deal. Also, 32 Gb works for our family better than 10.

You are right it is not true unlimited but by us usomg more than 10 and

less than 32, it feels unlimited for howwe use it. I'm actually not sure of

we've gone over 32GB but we've never experienceda throttle, so i assume we

haven't.  Aren't  the details of that plan that it "can" be throttled if

they choose? But it isn't an automatic thing? I'm not sure.  But i

explained the way we use our service to 2 reps at different stores at

different times because they all want to help get me the phone plan and get

the commission but they agree I'm better staying where i am

I have 5 lines and only need 2 to be unlimited.  That's how we have it set

up. 2 lines for $100 and $10 additional for each line with the included 2GB

of data. That is plenty and it keeps my bill down