Considering switching from AT&T

cake12

Been with AT&T for 10 years. My AT&T iPhone 6s is unlocked. I’m no longer under contract. I’m free to stay or leave.

Questions:

- Can I use my phone with a tmo sim card

- Do I have to sign a contract or can I go month to month (if I don’t like the service, can I split at any time with no penalty)

- Since I don’t have an early termination fee that tmo would have had to otherwise have paid AT&T, can that $350 be given to me (ok ... maybe not ... but what can tmo do to sweeten the deal over Verizon since they’re really getting a customer for free)

Cheers

All replies

• cake12

Re: Comskdering switching from AT&T

And by “comskdering”, I mean “considering“. Where is the Edit button?

• tidbits

Re: Comskdering switching from AT&T

cake12 wrote:

Been with AT&T for 10 years. My AT&T iPhone 6s is unlocked. I’m no longer under contract. I’m free to stay or leave.

Questions:

- Can I use my phone with a tmo sim card

If it is unlocked then yes you can.

- Do I have to sign a contract or can I go month to month (if I don’t like the service, can I split at any time with no penalty)

No contracts you can leave at any time as long as you don't do payment plans for any equipment.

- Since I don’t have an early termination fee that tmo would have had to otherwise have paid AT&T, can that $350 be given to me (ok ... maybe not ... but what can tmo do to sweeten the deal over Verizon since they’re really getting a customer for free)

T-Mobile doesn't have plans like that.  The deal would be if you get great services and what you pay is less than Verizon  I don't see why would a person want to go to Verizon.  Personally I am saving $120 a month by not going to Verizon(really old plan I have with T-Mobile).  I believe the average savings per line right now is $25.

Cheers

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • tmo_marissa

Re: Considering switching from AT&T

Hey there, cake12! We welcome customers who wish to bring their own equipment -- some devices might be more compatible with our network than others, though. You can take a look at the Bring your own device setup guide to get a good idea of how to go about checking compatibility. tidbits is correct -- all of our plans, even postpaid, are "monthly" -- there's no annual contract, but if you do decide to purchase equipment and place it on a financing agreement, those are either 24 months or 18 months with a remainder, and if at some point you did want to leave (though we hope that day wouldn't come), you'd be responsible for the balance on the plans.

Regarding your last question -- I definitely don't blame you for asking! Carrier Freedom is a reimbursement offer to make it easier for folks who'd love to transition over but hit a fee wall that would be prohibitive to their switch. If you don't have an early termination fee or device balance to reimburse, then it doesn't sound like that offer's for you, but the good news is that you're a free agent and can move over without all of the paperwork!

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • miket

Re: Considering switching from AT&T

As above reply mentioned - you would want to make sure your Apple phone has all the TM freq. that are in use in your area.   Not necessary, but useful, would be the wifi calling feature TM has had for years. Don't know if your model would have it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful