Samsung BOGO

magenta3779641

T-Mobile is a straight up SCAM. I have been a customer for many years but am definitely looking elsewhere now. I took part in their Magenta Friday BOGO NOTE 8 deal and just found my rebate status as DENIED. Look, I went in your store and had YOUR employee walk me through everything to do to get the rebate and did what they said. I added a line etc. And now I am denied an $800+ rebate. I don't think so. I will go through all channels available to get the rebate that is rightfully mine!

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Samsung BOGO

Welcome, magenta3779641 -- I wish you were visiting our Support Community with a better experience to report. I definitely appreciate your desire to get to the bottom of this, since $800 is a lot of money! It sounds like you checked your rebate status with the tracking number on the promotions site -- have you had a chance to reach out to our rebate team yet and get some details on what's going on with your submission? Since you mention in your original post that we walked through the promo with you, I'm hoping that this means that the denial is an error that an internal team can correct. The rebate team's contact information is:

1-877-311-8853

Press 1 for English.

Press 2 for Terms & Conditions

Press 2 for General Instructions

Press 1 for Additional Assistance.

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

• rashidf0723@gmail.com

I have been a T-mobile customer for many years. I have actually convinced some of my friend to try t-mobile.

Back in September I tried to take advantage of the BOGO promotion with 2 note8 phones. So far no rebate. I called customer service. They have given me the cold shoulder. Even though I had done every thing required. They really should be called terrible mobile. They are just becoming too big now that they don't give a damn if they loose some customers. Looking for alternative service providers right now..

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • tmo_marissa

Oh, no! We'd hate to see you go after such a long time! I know you mentioned that you've reached out to our Care team; and I'm so sorry to read that you didn't feel supported. Have you had the opportunity to work with our rebate team directly using the number and prompts in the post marked correct on this thread? They directly support these types of promotions and should be able to see exactly what the hang-up is here!

• magenta4020539

Im with you straight up scam... I applied for a rebate back on the 19th of Nov after waiting 7 weeks it was denied due to a mistake at their own end. I called in they made me go to the t-mobile store to give them a call from there. They did a manual override and said it will not take another 8 weeks since its a manual override now here I am calling in every single week to find out what is happening. Every time they tell me it should just be another week and now I am in the 11th week and today they tell me it will take another 8 weeks from the day it was resubmitted. Seriously disappointed I wish I can just return this phone and get my money back that I spent on it. Payed 552 as a downpayment and now paying 45 dollars every month extremely disappointed.

• nelfar212

The BOGO isn't a SCAM, now there could have been an error with the submission due to each BOGO having different requirements. which I do agree TMO should not do. if your going to have BOGO's either spread them out giving the CRS enough time to get training on the promos or keep them in line with each others terms and conditions. for example when I ordered my NOTE 8, I was unaware that I was required use one of the note's on my new line, to me it didn't make much sense as I am paying for the line and  it's active,  My phone is now paid off and I still have the line active,

• magenta4020539

Well it is a scam to me because they had issue in their system therefore my application got denied after 7 weeks then I had to call in to get them to manually override the application so instead of working on my previously denied application they resubmitted a brand new application and told me it should be a few days and after constant calling I am in my 13th week and now the agent told me I would have to wait for 8 week starting from the 2nd submission so that will altogether make my waiting period about 20 weeks. Thats was just not acceptable to me so I reported them to BBB and got everything resolved the very next day.. So they could've saved me a hassle and sorted the issues at their end  rather then wasting my time and having me to report them and getting it resolved within the 24 hours.

• nelfar212

define scam, a scam is a ploy designed to benefit one while deceiving another.  I sell you a used phone and claim its brand new, I sell you a defective product with claims it's in working condition. these are scams..The BOGO was not, it has clear terms and conditions that we the consumers need to read and ask questions prior to making a purchase So if there was a good faith effort our part to comply with the terms then the onus is on TMO to fix, if not we may have to eat the cost for not exercising our due diligence.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta4020539 -- I'm so sorry we missed this reply when it was originally posted. Typically, we'd recommend starting a new thread over replying to one that's marked resolved so that you have a chance to get your post seen by the largest member group!
                      That said, I do want to address what you went through. I understand what nelfar212 is saying when it comes to general terms, but if I'm reading this correctly, then you did everything right and our computer system dropped the ball. In that case it sounds like there should be escalation steps taken so that you don't have to wait additional time, and I'm sorry that you had to take outside measures in order to get your rebate in a timely fashion after we had trouble completing it on our end. While we can't review the account from this public forum, we'll definitely forward this general feedback, and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience here. I'm certain that the representative who would have reached out after the BBB contact would do so at a specific level using detailed examples as well.

Going forward I'll lock this thread so that future users with the same concern can create their own posts and have a lower wait time for a response, but I did want to make sure we apologized again for the error and the time it took to process your rebate. Thank you!