Oreo 8.1 Update?

ziggywashere

Hi there,

I bought a Pixel 2 in November and brought it to T-Mobile. I was just wondering if anyone else has one and has received an update for 8.1 yet? My brother and friend have had 8.1 for a month now - one is on Verizon and the other on Project Fi. It's been out of beta since early December also. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 5.04.41 PM.png

2018-01-08 17.11.02.jpg

All replies

• snn555

Re: Oreo 8.1 Update?

You can download the official Google image files but I'd just wait for it to roll out to you. Google might very well roll out to handsets on carriers differently. May have been issues with the pixel update on Tmo.

• tidbits

T-Mobile has NOTHING to do with the Pixel line.  If you are not getting the update then you need to bring it up with Google and not T-mobile.

Chances are you may have signed up for the beta and that's the reason why you are not getting updates, and Google isn't very clear on this for a lot of people.  Unenroll if you enrolled and you should see the update.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • ziggywashere

Thanks so much, that did the trick!

• magenta3860429

You're actually incorrect. I've contacted Google and they specifically told me it is my carrier that is causing the delay, and that delay can be up to two weeks. I'm not sure if it's true, but it's what Google told me and they said they can't do anything. I message them every two weeks and they just say the same thing. I'm pretty displease as this was one of the reasons k bought the phone.

• tidbits

magenta3860429 wrote:

You're actually incorrect. I've contacted Google and they specifically told me it is my carrier that is causing the delay, and that delay can be up to two weeks. I'm not sure if it's true, but it's what Google told me and they said they can't do anything. I message them every two weeks and they just say the same thing. I'm pretty displease as this was one of the reasons k bought the phone.

As someone mentioned a lot of people are not getting the update because they are part of the beta program and more than likely signed up after and are not part of it.  So what happens is they are in Queue and will not get updates until the next beta. 

The ones that are not getting is because Google themselves are not pushing it out all at once.  Here's something funny.  Take out your sim and check for update.  It will fail because....  It simply doesn't work... 

Here people were told it was fixed(never worked in the first place)

https://goo.gl/iKUrWC

Then they admitted it wasn't fixed in the first place.

https://goo.gl/Nx8MvC

https://goo.gl/3S8YhT

Now ask yourself why have the button if Google actually pushes it out 100% in a week or two?  If carriers are involved why even say it supposed to reach ALL devices within 2 weeks?  The simple answer it's not the carriers and since people and Google are not perfect neither is their system of delivery.