Samsung Galaxy s8 plus

devidzegeo

Hello!

I bought samsung galaxy s8 plus on ebay and that's blocked. I am in georgia (near black sea) and there is not working that phone. ,,device unlock" of course does'not work. I am trying to contact support but i can not becouse i don't have t-mobile number so I can't verification. if someone can contact support please tell tham about me. here is my phone imei: 35598008067XXXX
    Thanks in advance.
    -Giorgi

Message edited by Marissa to remove personal information

All replies

• snn555

Re: Samsung Galaxy s8 plus

It is very doubtful you will be able to unlock your phone. You need to contact the seller for a refund.  Unlock your mobile wireless device

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Hey there! It sounds like you might be in a tough spot here -- hopefully we can clear things up a bit so you're not searching! We're not able to complete unlock requests from this forum since we don't have a way to confirm that the account standing and usage requirements are satisfied. I know you mentioned that you don't have a T-Mobile number at this time -- f you're a former customer and you used this device on the T-Mobile network and your closed account is in good standing, then you can reach out to our T-Force team on Twitter or Facebook and provide the old number to have an unlock request filed.

If you purchased this phone locked to the network from a third party, then they would need to contact us with their account information and complete the unlock request themselves.

• magenta3043238

Understand your pain, as I purchased one on Samsung.Com, and STILL not able to Unlock, as have tried over 12 attempts, only to be dismissed by BOTH PARTIES.. Samsung sends us to T-Mobile, and vice versa. It seems the IMEI numbers of ANYTHING sold outside of T-Mobile, are not registered them, so they are not adressable to be Unlocked. BUT TOday, I had a chat online in T-Mobile, and I got a different response, as in a Normal Unlock Process, etc. Hopefully this will work, as this is only a Expensive Media Player when your not within the U.S. Very sad I know. Good Luck....Try this:  Unlock your mobile wireless device

Then go to Message Us....It's a Chat Room with T-Mo....and have your IMEI ready.....

It may work, but make sure you mention you bought it from Samsung.com, etc...possibly cause E-Bay is not a Authorized Retailer..>! Good Luck!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta3043238! Thanks for chiming in here with the link to the unlock requirements. It's a bummer to read that you're dealing with a back-and-forth situation with your phone. The IMEI for a device purchased from Samsung.com won't be in our database for standard unlock procedures, since that database only contains devices that are sold to us by the manufacturer for retail. However, if your unlock request results in a declined form, when you get that email you can reach out to our T-Force team on Twitter or Facebook and request that we file an unlock escalation. This escalation process is an email to an internal team who have the ability to communicate with the manufacturer directly. Sometimes (but not always) a proof of purchase might be required, but typically this is the ticket to get an unlock resolved in an unusual situation like this. It's a good call out that Samsung.com would be considered an Authorized Retailer, but an individual reseller on EBay would not.