Arbitration only option?!!

chada

A reoccurring issue which doesn't get resolved. I spend MORE THAN AN HOUR EACH PHONE CALL  SEVERAL TIMES A MONTH FOR THE PAST 14 months!. I keep getting the run around. I have been with Tmobile for more than a few years.  I received a 2-day promotional email stating i could get 3 lines for $100 taxes included! Why wouldn't i switch? I added my girlfriend, her kid and their 2 paid off phones onto my plan. Worst move i've ever done! I should've stayed with my $50 unlimited plan.

$100 a month taxes included? ya right!  my bill was $225 every month. On top of that I did the JUMP on demand and the rep told me, on a recorded line,  to return the old phone with the postage paid return box. I did just that. They lost the phone yet continued to charge me an extra $30 monthly for the phone they lost. I would continue to point out the errors on the bill however they never fixed it. I would pay the bill after being on the phone for an hour every time because i needed the phones on. Finally, i said enough is enough.

They won't fix the issue... the arbitrator will. I know I am not wrong. As a matter of fact, multiple people i speak with have the same exact problem with this company overcharging their customers. The missing jump phone is just icing on the cake for them.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Arbitration only option?!!

My goodness! An extra $125 a month would be super concerning. Do you have any additional charges on your account besides the JUMP returned phone that you did not authorize?

For the JUMP return, we can definitely get this sorted out for you. We will need to open up a handset research escalation with our warehouse so we can find the phone. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, I would recommend that you use the links in my signature to send a message to our T-Force team. They will be able to pull up your account and get the investigation started.

• stevetjr

Did the phone have a tracking number and does it show received by the warehouse? If not how do you know They lost the phone yet continued to charge me an extra $30 monthly for the phone they lost."

Trust me this is not the first time that has been mentioned here but also trust me every one in the "system" whether USPS or UPS know what is in those packages and if no tracking or in a drop box where they know it hasn't been scanned into the system yet high a significantly higher chance of disappearing.  That's why even if a label doesn't have tracking, I pay a couple of bucks extra to get it added before dropping a 100's dollar item in the mail.  If it does have tracking I hand it to someone and get a recipient.

As TMO_Chris mentioned, contact T-Force they are really good at getting issues resolved.

• chada

Tell me this... How am I supposed to track a package in which they paid the postage? They would have the tracking number, not I. They initiated the   I did as I was told, returned the previous phone in the box provided. The package was properly scanned and picked p at my sisters UPS Store that she owns.

If the phone was lost, whether by ups or the warehouse why should i continue to pay for both phones? Isn't that what insurance is for?  The phone is a minimal part of the issue!  Looking at random bills of last year ... $271.in JULY, $$271.49  in JUNE,  $271.49 in MAY  it goes on and on!!!  $160 in recurring charges and $120 in MISCELLANEOUS FEE's?! Now i see how they made up for this so called "promotion" #FalseAdvertismenttmobile email.jpg

• tmo_chris

We won't make you pay for a phone that you returned as part of an upgrade. If the phone is lost, our T-Force team will be able to get an investigation started with the warehouse and get this sorted out for you.

As for the bill, what are some of these additional charges that are putting you over the $100? If this is a Tax excluded plan, you will still have to pay the taxes and fee separately but they should not account for an additional $171.49.

• chada

Well, that's exactly what has been happening Chris. I've been paying for the phone and its now paid off. Yet, my EIP balance for my new phone is $160. this is crazy. So not only do i pay for both phones.. but i still have a balance on the new one which makes me have to  pay more to jump, therefore I can;t use the jump on demand

• chada

stevetjr Also, how am i supposed to put it on Auto-Pay to save the extra $15 if they don't have the plan right to begin with. So they can just take out a few hundred dollars every month and me not notice it? I would be on the phone for over an hour at least 2 times every month! I'm not going to auto pay an incorrect bill.So then I get charged $20 for each phone restoration fee ($60). They didn't give me the 3rd line free. I was being charged extra for the 3rd line AND the lost phone. Do you realize how much time and aggravation I have been through? I jumped the phone and added the lines MARCH OF 2017! They have researched for the handset on 2 occasions. All i get from them is "the warehouse cant locate the phone".  OK... SO NOW WHAT?! NO RESOLUTION.. just continue to pay the phone basically and shut up? NO, that's not me. I'm a man that stands for my convictions and morals.

• stevetjr

"Tell me this... How am I supposed to track a package in which they paid the postage? They would have the tracking number, not I. They initiated the   I did as I was told, returned the previous phone in the box provided. The package was properly scanned and picked p at my sisters UPS Store that she owns."

The tracking number is right on the package and whenever I give something to UPS even if pre-paid they will give me a reciept to show they accepted it and also has the tracking number on it.  I am just saying that blindly dropping a $100's of dollar phone into a box or handing to someone with no proof is a recipe for problems. 

I agree with TMO Chris that the other problems are wrong and need to be fixed as does getting research done on the phone to track it down so no you shouldn't pay for a phone you sent in.  But imagine if you had just gotten a reciept, wrote down or took a picture of the tracking number so when you call customer service you can say Jim Smith signed for it on the 3rd of December.   It's a little hard for anyone to deny they didn't get it.  It just makes it easier and is a prudent thing to do.  Maybe there is a way your sister can pull up the records from that day and get you the tracking info to make it go faster.

I would definitely use T-Force via FB to get all of this resolved, especially since you even have a picture of the promotion.

• chada

I'm aware how tracking numbers work. If i lost the receipt because its been over a year, shouldn't the sender have the tracking number ? Of course they should. They don't want to be responsible for having me send the device to the wrong location as instructed. All I get is "file a claim with UPS". However, they wont give me the tracking number so how am i supposed to file the cliam. Which means I continue to pay for the device until things get squared away. So now i've paid the phone off and no resolution.

I've messaged T-force and we are in contact. Thank's Chris.

• stevetjr

Just and FYI, it's not T-Mobile you send your phone back to.  These companies are contracted by all the carriers to recycle, refurbish phones and then they usually sell them to the insurance companies to send out as replacement phones.

I am glad you are in contact with T-Force, I am confident they will be able to get this sorted out for you.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey chada .

Thanks for reaching out to our T-Force team. Can you let us know how things are going? Thanks.

• chada

Still no resolve, as expected! The T-Force most certainly had more tools and looked into the situation in depth. I received the new jump phone on  1/22 i know i sent the phone back within less than a week. Tmobile submitted the lost phone request and in March came up empty. The phone was turned on and registered with the network in June with a different sim card. Either way, i'm telling them the phone has been lost and i don't have it. They basically told me that no credits will be issued.However, they acknowledged there was still missing credits for the 3rd line. They see that the 3rd line was credited  ... they dont realize that those credit are from me calling 2 times EVERY month for an hour to get those credits ! That's why the credits show up a month late!

either way , no resolution. After everything what has been accomplished? Loosing 3 customers, arbitration being filed, a disputed bill that won't be on my credit report, a bad distaste for Tmobile, bad publicity and a loose loose for everyone involved! GREAT JOB TMOBILE!