Binge On not working with Crunchyroll and/or Youtube

david13579naranja

Being home for the New Year holidays,  I have been often watching videos on the Crunchyroll app and Youtube app. Yesterday I got a text saying that my data was used up (6 GB plan) and when I check online it says that my TOTAL usage this cycle has been 8.67 GB. My phone shows a similar value of 8.76 GB total, with 3.22 GB from Crunchyroll and 1.89  GB from Youtube. It makes no sense for my 6 GB to be used up; the numbers just do not add up.  I contacted Tech Support but they are not very useful.

This happened to me many months ago and nothing was resolved. I had not used Crunchy even since then and now that I did again to catch up on some shows, again my data got used up. Something must be wrong.

All replies

• art1z5n

On January 1rst I also logged into Crunchyroll. I had used 1.8 G of data at that time. After an hour or so I got a message stating that I had used up all my Data! And Yes had Binge On enabled. Usually customer service is great. But after over an hour of being transferred back and forth with no satisfaction I hung up. I would tell my issue... put on hold... then a New Rep come on and ask Same Questions! This happened 3 times! And I had a simple question... If I used my Phone, had Binge On, went through the App why was my Data being charged? All I got was runaround. Then an offer to replace Data which I said yes to but never was credited with extra Data . I have used Netflix for over a year no issues.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, david13579naranja and art1z5n!

I appreciate you both letting us know that Crunchyroll is causing you to use data vs utilizing BingeOn features. We definitely need to get this straightened out. If it's only happening with Crunchyroll, this is something our Engineers need to investigate. You'll want to reach out to T-Force (our social media customer care team) and they'll get a ticket filed for you. Keep in mind that you may need a few examples of when you used Crunchyroll in order for them to work with our Engineers. You can contact T-Force by clicking the Facebook or Twitter icons in my signature.