Tmobie unlock policy

m3ajak6

Hi

I purchased the phone under tmobile bogo offer. I want to the unlock the phone which I got as gift from tmobile. My intention is to give this phone as a gift to my mom in india. I want to understand the 40 days Tmobile period. I have activated a new line on this phone and it working fine. Can I send the phone to india now and wait for 40 days to pay it out and get it unlocked? I will keep the sim in this phone for 40 days in India and let it run on roaming. Can I get it unlocked after 40 days in this scenario?

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Tmobie unlock policy

best to get it unlocked first then send it in to make sure there are no problems. Also there will be problems letting it roam there for long periods of time because majority of that phones usage has to be in the US and not overseas.

• dragon1562

Just to be clear. The phone has to be active on T-mobile for 40 days, and it has to be paid off in full. This means that you wouldn't have actually got the device for free as T-mobile credits your account over the course of 24 months to pay off the device.

1 of 2 people found this helpful
            • m3ajak6

No Actually Tmobile so going to send a rebate card loaded with whatever is the price of the phone. It is not over the course of 24 months.

• tidbits

m3ajak6 wrote:

No Actually Tmobile so going to send a rebate card loaded with whatever is the price of the phone. It is not over the course of 24 months.

As long as you pay off the balance before requesting unlock and meet the other requirements they'll unlock it.  Best to do it before sending it overseas.