LG BOGO Promotion: Rules a little vague

magenta3647349

Hi, just went for the LG BOGO and needing some clarity on the requirements.  The rules state, buy two phones and a new line of service.  It's not clear if I need a line of service on both phones.  I currently have two lines, but the second phone may not be used after all (spouse not impressed).  I realize I need to payoff the phone if service is terminated, but I need clarity as to if the rebate conditions will be satisfied and the cash card will still be issued if the second phone has no service, though is paid off.

Can anyone help clarify this?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey there! I'm not 100% sure I understand the situation, but I can definitely try to help clarify. Our internal info says that the promo is available to customers who purchase two new LG devices (any combo of G6, V20, V30, or V30+) both on EIP, and add a new line to be used with one of the new devices on a qualifying rate plan. If I'm reading this right, you're concerned because you may not be using both devices -- based on what I'm reading, I believe you'll want to use one of them on the new line during the promotional period in order to qualify, and that new line should remain active, in good standing, and on a qualifying plan until the promotional processing period is complete. I'd also say that since EIP is a requirement, I'd recommend holding off on paying off the EIP until your rebate's been processed.

- Marissa

• magenta3647349

Yeah, it seems a catch 22: You need to have the 2nd device on EIP until the rebate released, however, it seems you can't have the device on EIP without a plan - you have to pay-off if no plan.  Is that correct?

• tmo_marissa

Correct -- but it's not a Catch 22, necessarily, because that second line needs to remain active during the processing period to maintain eligibility as well. So basically, both lines tied to the EIPs for the two LG devices need to be active on an eligible plan (with T-Mobile ONE, that's a given, but if you have a Simple Choice plan you'll need to make sure they also have eligible unlimited high speed data plans) and both EIPs need to remain open (billing monthly) as well, and the new line needs to register use of one of the two new devices.