Worst Customer Service EVER!!!!!!!!!!

magenta2171367

Today I contacted T-Mobile Customer service to discuss my account and spoke with several associates as well as several managers, well staff who stated they were managers. The treatment we received I would say at the very least was appalling.  We were informed due to us paying our bills a few days late in the past they would NOT, they made it clear that they would make sure, that no one in the company would waive fees another associate previously waived and due to their error they were re-accumulated in the upcoming days due to her error and the miscommunication we receive each time we interact by telephone with customer service.  The staff made it very clear because it is not in their system I am a liar and they cannot trust what I am saying as the consumer.  What they said to me is, my "system doesn't show that" how can I as a consumer control what the staff inputs into the notes after each call, when I say something it certainly does make it into the notes but the promises they make to me are never documented. I asked the management team several times how can I be held accountable for the miscommunication I am given each time I call and depending on the staff that if I was given consistent information I wouldn't be in the situation with fees, to which his reply was well your history shows you pay your bill late so I am going with we waived fees once before so we are not going to do it again regardless if it was our staff's issue, I said may I speak to a higher manager than yourself he said most certainly but I will ensure that who ever you talk to will not provide you any waiver of fees no matter how high you go up. I said fine and I disconnected the call, my daughter called back in one last attempt to see if we could connect with someone who had a better business sense to listen to our situation, during the call she spoke with a woman named Tanya who also said she was a manager and all she said was if they offered to waive two fees, they were being generous because if you would have gotten me on the phone in the first place I wouldn't have even offered you that, you should have taken that offer, we are a community and we are tight, we speak to each other and we are not going to let you get away with this! With what is Tanya referring too? The fee is $15.00, I explained to a previous manager Joshua, Mark from Colorado Springs who stated they would meet me half way why should I be penalized when an associate did not confirm information with me during a previous call, I did not think it fair to pay any fee due to an error of the employee, his reply was again to blame me the consumer, I replied when I received fees in the past for items I was unaware I have paid them and did not request any waiver, I asked him to go back and provide a statement of all the fees I have paid to date in comparison to what I was requesting him to waive today, he replied he was being generous enough and that was all he was willing to do.  My daughter ended up hanging up on Tanya as she was so engorged in explaining how "tight of a community" they are at work, how does that serve the consumer?? All those employees accomplished today was ensuring the $15.00 fee they were harboring me and punishing me with instead cost them a loyal customer.  We are leaving T mobile and going to Sprint!!! My daughter did a review and once it was completed Tanya all of a sudden was calling her back leaving her messages saying please call me back so we can straighten this out. Why wouldn't Tanya, Joshua, Mark or whoever the other person was willing to work with us when we politely explained our frustration with getting multitudes of mixed or lack of information each time we call... Sorry T Mobile I hope the General Manager looks into those calls and they were recorded for TRAINING PURPOSES and sees exactly what happened and The Colorado Springs location and Denver location receive some Customer Service Training because that $15.00 Fee ended up costing a lot more that that annually for you all as a business not such a smart business move Tanya, Joshua and Mark or whatever your name was out there being rude to the loyal customers and you have some nerve to be judging people about paying a bill late.. If you still get the money isn't that the end result??????

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Worst Customer Service EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Hey there magenta2171367.

Thanks for taking the time to post to our community. I am sorry that your first post has to be about such a poor experience! Please know that the last thing we would want is for you to leave us over a $15 fee. It does sound like there has been quite a bit of activity on your account in the past and in order to find the best solution, we are going to need to access your account to do a full review. Here on the user community, we (the Community Manager) team, do not have access to customer accounts, so while I cannot access your account to see what specifically has happened, if you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can use the links in my signature to send a direct message to our T-Force team. They will be able to pull up and securely verify your account and take a look at what is going on with this fee.

• magenta2171367

Chris, I appreciate your reply, unfortunately the responses we received today from the staff on the telephone and the adversity they clearly stated and enforced in a communal way convinced me that at every angle I will continue to battle the same adversity and I brought this here because I am also a community service worker and I try my best to provide excellent customer service where I may.  I quoted some important lines to those I spoke with and at each level I was quickly shaken and even adamantly made to feel they were superior and in charge.  I stated to them that as a consumer they certainly were not taking the time to listen and to ensure that what I am was sharing was clearly understood and being reflected to each and no matter how I tried to convey my message in a calm manner ensuring that my goal was only to ensure that I be treated as a loyal customer and that surely someone could find the means to waive the additional fee and they ensured me they were against me and would at all levels enforce their method of punishment.  My goal is only to allow those who truly care at T-Mobile an opportunity to deflect this type of aberration from continuing and losing more and more consumers. I tried to explain why I stayed with T-Mobile is certainly was not due to such wonderful customer service I encounter at all avenues, but it was because of the service options, the telephone choices, the other experiences I have had and I try not to base my opinion on one litany of bias as apparently those telephone customer service agents seem to do in their "tight knit community" if I were you and your T-Force Team I would be very concerned what this type of community they are building and atmosphere they are creating in the call centers because I can tell you calling in to receive that type of belittlement from what is supposed to be the best at what you have to serve us, it was far from what I have ever received as customer service.  I would say they are building their own little "Terrorunity" and will destroy your reputation one customer at a time and it cost you three today.

• tmo_chris

Thanks for replying back. Please know that we greatly appreciate this feedback and I will make sure that your voice is heard. As for what all has transpired with your account over the course of your phone calls, I wonder is something was missed. I definitely don't want you or your daughter to have to waste any more of your time on this but I do think that if you were to speak with our T-Force team, we could at least ensure that all possible options have been looked at.

• magenta2171367

By the way Tanya stated she was claiming she is the "CEO" of the company and she stated she records the telephone calls and she would be happy to share the call with us if we needed to hear who she was at any time.  Once again she did try and call my daughter, likely after my daughter completed the survey she received with all zeros and the statement of leaving to go to Sprint.  I am not one to threaten any company to leave to another service, however; I have had other companies who have provided about the same level of services and not ever once felt the way I was treated today. I thank you for your time and I will sleep on the offer to connect with the T-Force team.  I am still feeling so overwhelmed by the staff.

• nelfar212

magenta2171367, I am a customer like you, I have been with T-Mobile since 2007. So I can better understand your situation, were you trying to get the late fees waived, or the line suspension fees, and or both? I will say this, T-Mobile generally hires employees who are passionate and enjoy their jobs. With that, I too have dealt with a handful a rude discourteous CSR's in my time. I won't get into your personal business, T-mo offers a variety of options to customers who have difficulty paying bills and need a little help and or time.

one option setting a payment arrangement, this can be done via the automated system or In person. disclaimer once arrangement is made there a limited window to modify the terms. Otherwise, the terms are set in stone.

two, it's kind of a one shot deal, payment installments billing lets say you have a large bill, they can break the payments down over the course of several bill cycles

Disclaimer*** you will be still responsible for new charges and late fees..

Last, request a cycle change, this may or may not be helpful, as the next bill will be slightly higher to account for pro ration dates. this option could be beneficial to you in the long run being it  should help eliminate your late fees going forward.

My advice, I never yell, threaten, curse at any of the CSR's  even if they are unprofessional, This has allowed me to achieve resolution of my issues 100% of the time. Even though some issues took a bit a time to achieve final disposition.  

.             . 

• tmo_chris

Hey there! I just wanted to check in to see how things were going? Did you decide on reaching out to T-Force?

• snn555

I am a customer and not an employee so I feel I can say this with certainty. People who pay their bills late on a regular basis and then have their fees waived hurt all the other customers who pay their bill on time and uphold their end of the agreement.

• security_plox

I don't really think that is the issue here. From her story, it seems like she was promised a waiver, told she was given the waiver, then they retroactively went back and reapplied the fee. If that is what really happened, that is not okay.

I understand that it might be company policy not to waive the same type of fee multiple times, but if that is the case then it was the T-Mobile's agent's responsibility to provide the proper information and correct expectations. Plus, if a company is going to be a stickler for something like "one fee reversal per account (within a set period of time)," they can simply program their systems to deny the waiver, return an error, and popup a dialog box for the employee to read to the customer when they try to waive a fee in error.

If the system already does that, and the agent simply lied to get her off of the line, the waiver should be honored and the agent fired. I wasn't there, and I have no access to their systems, meaning I can't say for sure what really happened. However if we take her at her word (as I understood it), then then waiver should have been honored. A company should honor its promises, because not doing so is the quickest way to lose customer trust.

• snn555

The verbage used by the OP seems more emotionally charged than what might have actually been stated. We have only one side if the conversation.

That being said, it is not disputed that OP has issue with timely payments. Nor isn't disputed that someone has to pay for waivers.

• security_plox

I know, which is why I said I wasn't there.  I can only take her at her word.

Anyway, this quote . . .

". . . and due to their error they [fees] were re-accumulated in the upcoming days due to her error and the miscommunication . . ."

. . . makes it rather clear that her main issue is the reapplication of the previously waived fees, not the application of future fees.

Whether she makes timely payments or not is irrelevant to the issue of  the retroactive reversing of waivers she was previously promised.

And no, I dispute that someone has to pay the fees. If they waive a fee, no one has to pay anything. The fee simply disappears. This isn't like a restaurant writing off the cost of a meal someone can't afford.  In the case of a meal, the actual resources used to make the meal were consumed, can't be regained, and thus their cost is paid by the establishment. While this fee is just numbers in a program, easily wiped away with no loss in resources.

Obviously, I understand that late fees should exist and be used to promote timely payments, but that does not excuse the breaking of previous agreements. If she was previously told the fees would be waived then that promise should be honored, period.

The proper course of action in a case like this would be to honor any previous waivers, perhaps even this current one if you were feeling kind. After that, the agent should set the expectation that no further fees would be waived in the future, properly note her account so it was the first thing anyone that opened her account would see, and then if possible, offer to change her payment date (e.g. If she is paying late because all of her bills are due on the first, offer to change her billing cycle so that her due date falls after two weeks into the month instead).