fotonick1

How do I take videos with my J7

All replies

• magenta3647813

Re: VIDEO with Galaxy J7?

go to the camera

• snn555

When you access the camera app you can toggle between photo and video mode. Make sure to set storage settings, HDR, filters, flash etc. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_amanda

Hey, fotonick1!

Just checking to see if you were able to use video mode on your phone. Please keep us posted if you have any other questions.

• fotonick1

Still don't know how to use video. I don't think it exists on my camera.

To: fotonick1 <njc386@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, December 29, 2017 1:15 PM

Subject: You have been mentioned by Amanda Culpepper in Re: VIDEO with Galaxy J7? in T-Mobile Support

#yiv7092523096 * #yiv7092523096 a #yiv7092523096 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv7092523096 #yiv7092523096 h1, #yiv7092523096 h2, #yiv7092523096 h3, #yiv7092523096 h4, #yiv7092523096 h5, #yiv7092523096 h6, #yiv7092523096 p, #yiv7092523096 hr {}#yiv7092523096 .yiv7092523096button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

You have been mentioned

by Amanda Culpepper in Re: VIDEO with Galaxy J7? in T-Mobile Support - View Amanda Culpepper's reference to you  Hey, fotonick1! Just checking to see if you were able to use video mode on your phone. Please keep us posted if you have any other questions. 

Participate in the conversation by replying to this email

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences   |

|

• snn555

Between the instructions provided here and the link with further instructions and the illustrative photo in this thread I'm not sure how else to explain how to operate the video portion of the camera. However rest assured that video mode is on that phone and is in the camera app. If for some reason that one in a million chance exists that video is not in the camera app then it is quite possible you have a defective unit that is missing software.

• tmo_marissa

Howdy, fotonick1! We wanted to make sure you'd been able to get video mode working on your J7. We've got some info here that might help: Camera & gallery: Samsung Galaxy J7 -- hopefully you'll have no trouble filming the countdown to 2018 tonight, but please let us know if you need some assistance!

- Marissa

• fotonick1

There is nothing on my J7 about Video. Is "continuous shot" the same as Video?

• fotonick1

Your picture looks nothing like what I see when I select PHOTO. I see nothing related to VIDEO.

• tmo_marissa

Hmmm, that's super weird! In the Camera function of your device, do you see an icon that looks like a gray circle with a red dot in the center?

• fotonick1

Okay, I worked it out. The red dot is for video and I thought it was an indicator that the camera was ready. How was I supposed to know that I had to use the red dot for video? On my inexpensive digital camera they have an icon of a video camera for video. Also, on my expensive digital camera they have an icon of a video camera for video. I can't believe that I am the only one who had this problem. Mr. T-Mobile should rethink his icons. Thanks for your efforts.

• tmo_marissa

I definitely know how unusual it is -- on my digital camera and on my LG V10, the video icon is a little video camera. Just to be clear, though, we don't set the icons -- those are established by the manufacturer and/or the operating system. I don't want you to think that we're deliberately confusing folks! We are fans of easy-to-understand icons, and I hope our Support site is evidence of that! (If it's not, though, we welcome feedback!)

Thanks for coming back and confirming that the screen shot of the Support document was correct. I'm glad you'll be able to take videos now! Hope you have an awesome New Year, and please let us know if you have any other questions.