how do i file an arbitration case

magenta3645247

how do i file a case for arbitration? assurant and t-mobile are not being very customer friendly. i've had t-mobile for years and had a phone replaced under their insurance program. However, since i missed the "turn in" period for my old phone by 13 days they're playing hardball and charging me $419 for my "non-return" and not letting me return it now for the credit.

All replies

• theartiszan

Re: how do i file an arbitration case

I'm not sure what you would get from arbitrations in this case. It is clear you have a limited time to return the phone and if you don't you get charged the given amount. That is what happened and there are no provisions for returning after that time has passed. This is really the policy from the insurance company.

To dispute, you need to do that it writing to they po box. T-Mobile Terms and Conditions

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • magenta3645247

i'm amazed at your inflexibility and the fact it's either 419 or nothing, zip.  no grey area. given i was given incorrect info from YOUR employee you'd think you feel some responsibility!!

• theartiszan

To be clear, I am not a T-Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you and have been for a long time. I try to help answer questions from others in spare time. You can also try contacting t force through social media. I'm not saying you won't get a reduction or anything, but think it is highly unlikely. As you agreed to those terms from the insurance company when you filed the claim. You didn't return the phone in the allotted time and therefore were charged. The insurance company might allow it if you escalate to then with a fee reduction of you still return it. But that is at the insurance companies descension.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • tmo_marissa

Hey there, magenta3645247. Sorry for any confusion about our Community -- this space exists for customers to get assistance from one another, and awesome folks like theartiszan have badges marking them as Pillars because they go above and beyond to provide the most help (all as volunteers). You can find out a little bit more about the Community here if you're interested.

Regarding the non-return fee, that's a huge bummer. I'm not certain what opportunities there might be for a grace period without being able to review the account and see when the claim was filed; although I do know that we typically advise customers of a return date that's slightly earlier than the actual date that a fee would be assessed to play things safe! Have you had a chance to reach out to our T-Force team as suggested above? They're our social media support folks on Twitter and Facebook, so if an online review is what you're in need of, they're just the folks for the job!

- Marissa

• tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta3645247!

I am swinging by to see if you've had the chance to contact T-Force as theartiszan and Marissa recommended. If so, what was the outcome?

Please let us know if you have any other questions we can answer for you!

• tmo_marissa

Howdy, magenta3645247! Just wanted to check in with you again and see how things are going with this. Sorry to interrupt any end-of-year celebrations, but we want to make sure you're getting the assistance you deserve! Did you have a chance to contact T-Force? Please let us know how it went! Thank you, and sending you warm wishes for an awesome 2018.

- Marissa