Over charged on galaxy note8

spiza

Hello,

I went toa tmo store with a family member today to hand her join Tmobile. After an hour of looking at different phones and the salesman telling us about the discounts on phones, she decided on the galaxy note8. The price displayed on the store was $820 (we took a picture), and the salesman was bragging about the price on comparison to the s8 plus. Only when we were checking out did we find out the advertised price was wrong. The salesman suggested we should call customer support and they would probably fix the price to what was advertised on the store. We did this. The guy on the phone went through a whole thing about how corporate sent out nothing on the price change, and he was surprised it had changed. But he w pulls not do anything for us. I'm very disappointed that a company would not honor advertised prices.

All replies

• snn555

Re: Over charged on galaxy note8

You'd have to take that up with the store you purchased from. They are responsible for their displayed pricing. If the price changed but the sign didn't then the manager would have to over ride. However this may come down to the price displayed in the checkout pad and what you agreed to pay when signing.

• spiza

It is good to know Tmo can't even reply.

• nelfar212

spiza what is the difference in the price, it's actually and snn555, is correct it isn't "bait an switch", you could have asked them to adjust the price and if they weren't willing to do so, you could have simply left and went somewhere else. Also the Note 8 is an awesome phone and worth every penny I paid for mine. Sometimes we do have to own our end of the deal, this could have been a simple fix by you from the start, and now, you might have to go back and forth with cus tomer care. I remember going to target and I was in the process of purchasing  a high dollar item, the item rung up wrong price and the mgr refused to adjust the price of said item so I walked out. Ended up buying it a week later on sale for $200 less at a different store.  

• stevetjr

spiza wrote:

Hello,

I went toa tmo store with a family member today to hand her join Tmobile. After an hour of looking at different phones and the salesman telling us about the discounts on phones, she decided on the galaxy note8. The price displayed on the store was $820 (we took a picture), and the salesman was bragging about the price on comparison to the s8 plus. Only when we were checking out did we find out the advertised price was wrong. The salesman suggested we should call customer support and they would probably fix the price to what was advertised on the store. We did this. The guy on the phone went through a whole thing about how corporate sent out nothing on the price change, and he was surprised it had changed. But he w pulls not do anything for us. I'm very disappointed that a company would not honor advertised prices.

Where was it advertised, if on-line there is a distinct disclaimer that some deals are "web only" but frankly I have been watching the Note 8 and have yet to see it discounted. 

But as the others mentioned there has to be a little ownership here in that you paid that amount with and yes with a caveat the salesman gave you of "and they would probably fix the price", so even with a probably you opted not to wait and pay more. 

• spiza

I'm glad to has people willing to stick up for bad customer service!

The note8 was marked as $820 in store and the price was bragged about by the sales associate. After an hour of looking at the phones on store, we went to check out with the long process of getting all our info to add a line. This would be the bait for those who have trouble with the English language. Then the price was changed to $950 and we were told we could get the s8 plus for $820. This was the switch for those who don't understand English. Of course he was also wrong on that price because it had also been changed by corporate overnight.

I know how I will be filling out my consumer report surveys on tmo now for sure. This is comcast level customer service.