4G LTE CellSpot V2 how much internet consume?

dineshc

4G LTE CellSpot V2 how much internet consume? Because my internet plan limited to data.

How i can block others making call from my cell spot?

All replies

• snn555

Re: 4G LTE CellSpot V2 how much internet consume?

There's no real definitive answer to how much data is consumed. Any TMobile customer can, if within range, connect and use the cellspot. Since there is no password needed, there is no way to block other users. However, it doesn't have the range of a tower, so only TMobile customers within a couple acres or so could really make use of it. And most likey they have a cellspot of some sort of their own if need be.

• dineshc

Thanks for clarification,  If every body going to use the extended tower from my home i am.going lose my data . Because anyone use LTE is basically my internet connection data. It is going to make me to pay more on my internet connection.  What is the real benifit for me. It need to clearly explained manual. I am planning to return my device.

• snn555

As previously mentioned it's very unlikely you would have few or any people connecting to the cell spot given its limited range. You may come off better using a Wi-Fi cellspot from T-Mobile if it is still available. With that device it still connects to your home internet however you use it as a router and can put a password on it and still make and receive WiFi called text and use your internet providers data.  You may also consider a signal booster if need be and it will not use the data on your internet plan.

• dragon1562

The range on the cell spot is at best 2000sq ft. The benefit of the device is that it provides you with a clean LTE signal so that you can place calls and send texts. It is great for devices that lack wifi-calling and for locations that don't have native coverage from T-mobile. Data usage is small if you are only making calls and texts but would increase dramatically if you and say 3-4 other people were all streaming HD content. I would not worry or return the device if it is helping with the original issue and would instead recommend using for a month to see how things work out for you.

• tmo_mike_c

Hi there!

Looks like you got some great responses and some awesome suggestions from our fellow members. Did you have any other questions you need help with? Please let us know. Thank you.

• flasher162

So basically In reality Tmobile is using these devices to improve their coverage through someone elses paid internet connection NICE because everyone else who has these for their customers  can restrict connection to the device so in other words TMOBILE is charging us who have this device hooked to our paid connection all to improve the whole coverage network at our expense x2 because we pay for both of them in my eyes this is theft of already paid data

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • dragon1562

Its not really theft. They are giving you the equipment you need for free to improve coverage. Also data is cheap and for 95 percent of people the use of data from their ISP is not a issue. I doubt you are using 1TB a month which is generally what the data cap is from most cable providers. Although its market dependent.

Anyway long story short they are pretty upfront with how it works and should you decide to use the device over some other alternative like wifi calling then you know what your getting.

Not to worry though as the range is not that far on the device.

• flasher162

dragon1562

Well all I will say is this unit has about a city block coverage and if you have people on tmobile phones driving by and connecting to your device and using your paid isp with no way to stop it due to an open front door and   and yes tmobile knows this and it's all to expand the coverage area from them it is theft of paid data any way you look at it because they could have had it set up to where the customer  had control of who connects to it  there was a tmobile customer who had a 20 gig data loss on his paid isp in a 48 hour period of time and idk where you came up with 1 tb data cap on most isp providers but you might want to check your info because where I live it's not going to happen I know that comcast and a few others are definite not and if you have Hugh's net and a few other are less that what I get on my tmobile account so bottom line they didnt tell me that any tmobile phone could hook to it on my dime till after the fact of recieving the unit and that is wrong of them on so many levels and this will also cause slows down the paid isp that this unit is hook to when multiple  devices are hooked to it

• dragon1562

Well in my reply I did state it is market dependent but in General ISPs that do impose a cap have it set to 1Tb of data. Their are still a ton of locations that have no cap at all. I.e Comcast has a data cap in certain parts of PA but not in others. Hugh's Net also is not a cable provider they are satellite which I also specifically stated. Which is also why their data caps are so low because satellite internet is expensive to provide. Its also not nearlly as good as service from a cable provider and especially not on par with having fiber. I'm not sure where you live but I would look into your options If you do live in a city which it sounds like then their should be a Cable provider to offer service. Maybe its Comcast,Spectrum,AT&T or even Verizon Fios if your lucky. It could also be a small provider. For example I have one called Armstrong Cable and although small they are spectacular. They had issues in the past like when they first put in a data cap it was 300GB for consumers that did not bundle service but that quickly got changed due to a variety of factors.

• amccord

Does the CellSpot V2 use a fixed amount of Internet bandwidth from the Internet connection, or does its bandwidth vary with the number of phones connecting to it and/or the phones' data usage? We have a 15Mbps Internet connection at the location where I am considering the CellSpot V2, and also use the connection for remote TV viewing, Netflix, etc. so it is important for me to understand the CellSpot's range of Internet bandwidth consumption. Can experts please advise? Thanks!

• magenta4409973

Over a period of a bit over 2 days, when our devices were essentially not using the Cellspot connection, my home network shows that the 4G LTE Cellspot downloaded under 400KB of data and uploaded about 1.6MB of data. That should give you an idea of what its very low baseline usage is. Of course, when you make calls or use it for a data connection to your phone, usage will go up. Having had one of these in our house for a couple of years, I can say that I've never noticed it impacting our other devices using the internet, and it does wonders for making our cell phones more usable at home--we live in a rural area where indoor reception is low.

• ricky1901

I should read this before requesting the Cellspot.

My ISP data consumption had an average of 600gb per month (4 cellphones, 1 tablet, 2 laptopd, 1ps4 and 1 tv); after getting the cellspot it raised over the 1020gb cap my ISP use to give me per month, that mean tmobile is making me pay $100 for my neighbor's tmobile data usages...