4G LTE CellSpot V2 how much internet consume?

dineshc

4G LTE CellSpot V2 how much internet consume? Because my internet plan limited to data.

How i can block others making call from my cell spot?

All replies

• snn555

Re: 4G LTE CellSpot V2 how much internet consume?

There's no real definitive answer to how much data is consumed. Any TMobile customer can, if within range, connect and use the cellspot. Since there is no password needed, there is no way to block other users. However, it doesn't have the range of a tower, so only TMobile customers within a couple acres or so could really make use of it. And most likey they have a cellspot of some sort of their own if need be.

• dineshc

Thanks for clarification,  If every body going to use the extended tower from my home i am.going lose my data . Because anyone use LTE is basically my internet connection data. It is going to make me to pay more on my internet connection.  What is the real benifit for me. It need to clearly explained manual. I am planning to return my device.

• snn555

As previously mentioned it's very unlikely you would have few or any people connecting to the cell spot given its limited range. You may come off better using a Wi-Fi cellspot from T-Mobile if it is still available. With that device it still connects to your home internet however you use it as a router and can put a password on it and still make and receive WiFi called text and use your internet providers data.  You may also consider a signal booster if need be and it will not use the data on your internet plan.

• dragon1562

The range on the cell spot is at best 2000sq ft. The benefit of the device is that it provides you with a clean LTE signal so that you can place calls and send texts. It is great for devices that lack wifi-calling and for locations that don't have native coverage from T-mobile. Data usage is small if you are only making calls and texts but would increase dramatically if you and say 3-4 other people were all streaming HD content. I would not worry or return the device if it is helping with the original issue and would instead recommend using for a month to see how things work out for you.

• tmo_mike_c

Hi there!

Looks like you got some great responses and some awesome suggestions from our fellow members. Did you have any other questions you need help with? Please let us know. Thank you.

• amccord

Does the CellSpot V2 use a fixed amount of Internet bandwidth from the Internet connection, or does its bandwidth vary with the number of phones connecting to it and/or the phones' data usage? We have a 15Mbps Internet connection at the location where I am considering the CellSpot V2, and also use the connection for remote TV viewing, Netflix, etc. so it is important for me to understand the CellSpot's range of Internet bandwidth consumption. Can experts please advise? Thanks!

• magenta4409973

Over a period of a bit over 2 days, when our devices were essentially not using the Cellspot connection, my home network shows that the 4G LTE Cellspot downloaded under 400KB of data and uploaded about 1.6MB of data. That should give you an idea of what its very low baseline usage is. Of course, when you make calls or use it for a data connection to your phone, usage will go up. Having had one of these in our house for a couple of years, I can say that I've never noticed it impacting our other devices using the internet, and it does wonders for making our cell phones more usable at home--we live in a rural area where indoor reception is low.