TMOBILE DISCRIMINATES!

bellavita21

@

I AM LOOKING FOR SOME HELP!

I went into Tmobile at Time Square on 12/24/17 to purchase 2 Iphones for their BOGO deal. The sales person, Jorge, said they do not have them in stock and I will have to go to another store to purchase them. No offer to find a store, see if they have them in stock or to order them and send them to me. Nothing about this offer expires so let me help get you something since this is what you came in for. Being from out of town I had no idea where to go. So I went online that evening to figure it out and it said to go to a store or log in online. I logged in online and it wouldn't process. I checked T-mobile website to find someone to call they said they do not open until 8am. I called first thing on Christmas morning to get this taken care of, they tell me the offer expired the day I went in the store to buy the phones. I speak to 3 different people as this is unacceptable because I went into the store to purchase the phones when the deal was advertised, get a whole bunch of I'm sorry's and i understand, we are not the store/retail location, they do things different than us. No one can explain why I got snubbed and turned away. They tell me another manager will call me in an hour! That was a lie as over 24 hours later no one has called me!

Mind you when I walked in the store I first approached Carlos S who seemed uninterested in helping me and passed me on to Jorge as he said he was not a sales associate but his name badge said manager. I guess the manager was too good to help me. I proceed to tell Jorge my goal for the day and he said I will have to go to another store. THAT WAS IT! Even though I tell him and Carlos these are gifts for my two sons who were with me. I have never believed when I heard people getting turned away in stores or not getting service because of color but now I experienced first hand and it is so not okay but for some reason TMOBILE thinks it is!

I as a black woman went into the Time Square Tmobile store, supposedly signature store, with my teenage black sons to buy 2 $1600 phones and got turned away! The sad thing is we were so excited to go to this store because it looked so awesome and we thought we were going to have a Tmobile experience like no other since it was located on Time Square so close to 5th avenue and by all the shopping. Boy was I wrong! When I call to get help it's just there retail and different, you should have called sooner! There is nothing we can do. Not only do I get discriminated against you ruined my children's Christmas because your managers and sales associates do not understand Customer Service. Now I have my sons asking me questions as to why we didn't get help when we were standing in the store. I don't even have an answer! And now Tmobile on the phone wants to tell me it's my fault! This non service and discrimination is unacceptable!

So Tmobile community I am reaching out to you because I need help in finding T mobiles corporate address and phone number. I need legal help and need to find another carrier asap!

Thank you!

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: TMOBILE DISCRIMINATES!

Whoa, bellavita21 -- this isn't the kind of sentiment we'd like any customer to have about our service or company, ever. I absolutely assure you that discrimination is not part of who we are and runs totally counter to our company's values -- we should never make anyone feel that way.

It's true that the timing of this situation is terrible. The Care team you spoke to over the phone is correct -- this re-run of the BOGO promo was super short, starting on 12/21 and expiring as advertised on 12/24. I wish to all get out that we'd had a chance to talk to you on the phone when you had errors on the site. The only thing I can think of as far as why our retail representatives would refer you to complete the order online rather than over the phone is perhaps to avoid the assisted upgrade fee that we assess when a new order is placed with a representative (there isn't any fee for online or MyT-Mobile app orders). That definitely still doesn't explain why we didn't clarify that to you, or go further with our customer service by reaching out to other stores to see who may have had them in stock, or advise you that contacting Care would be a good choice so that the orders could simply get placed before the promo's expiration window passed. To that end, I would absolutely like to forward your feedback about the experience, and I will be sending you a private message to snag a little more information -- please check here when you have a moment: Support Community Inbox.

I don't see any listed escalation processes for honoring this promotion outside of the timeline, so I don't want to set any expectations or make guarantees for what we will be able to offer. That said, this whole experience -- from the lack of care you felt in our store to the failure on our end to follow-up with you as you were promised -- makes me wish we had the opportunity to review this further and see if there's anything at all that we can do for you. While we don't have the ability to securely verify accounts in this public user forum, we would love to have you contact our T-Force team through Twitter or Facebook. You can send a DM to @tmobilehelp on Twitter or visit the T-Mobile Facebook page and click the "Message" option, and our social media support teams will be able to verify your account and take a look and see whether we have any options here. You can provide a link to this post as well, since you've taken the time to articulate your feelings so clearly.

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience here in our Community. I'll be sending that private message your way in just a moment.

- Marissa

• bellavita21

I was in you store when the promotion was still going.  I spoke to 3 different people on the phone 5 hours after supposedly the promotion ended because those were your hours on the website and sat on the phone for hours to hear the blame placed on me! I had to figure out to call and how to contact. I had to figure out how to do all the work instead of your sales representative helping me! In the end my kids do not have their Christmas gift! I went to your store at the right time and asked the "experts" for assistance and I got sent away! Now all of you say the same thing, there is nothing you can do! No one has offered to fix the issue and service the customer because tmobile is horrible at customer service. Who sends someone away who is spending $1600? Who does tmobile hire? They could have given me my options! Why not spend the service fee if Im already spending $1600?? I just keep getting bounced around and no one has an answer or fixes the situation. No one has solved the problem or offered service! What is the point of having you all on the payroll? "I'm sorry but there is nothing we can do" is the same from everyone at your company!

• bellavita21

I was in you store when the promotion was still going.  I spoke to 3 different people on the phone 5 hours after supposedly the promotion ended because those were your hours on the website and sat on the phone for hours to hear the blame placed on me! I had to figure out to call and how to contact. I had to figure out how to do all the work instead of your sales representative helping me! In the end my kids do not have their Christmas gift! I went to your store at the right time and asked the "experts" for assistance and I got sent away! Now all of you say the same thing, there is nothing you can do! No one has offered to fix the issue and service the customer because tmobile is horrible at customer service. Who sends someone away who is spending $1600? Who does tmobile hire? They could have given me my options! Why not spend the service fee if Im already spending $1600?? I just keep getting bounced around and no one has an answer or fixes the situation. What is the point of having you all on the payroll? "I'm sorry but there is nothing we can do" is the same from everyone at your company!

• tmo_marissa

That's a total bummer to hear -- I was optimistic that although the deadline is clearly listed internally, a team with account access might have a different resolution option at their disposal. Since we don't have a secure method to verify accounts through this forum or make changes to accounts, we're not able to see if there are any options to assist from here. T-Force has a great reputation among our Community members for being able to offer outside-of-the-box assistance for unusual scenarios, and I was hoping that would be the case for you. Did you have the chance to contact them?

I know that some of our call-in queues were closed at 10 PM PST on 12/24, but general Care should still have been able to assist over the phone. I don't want you to feel as though we're placing the blame on you -- instead I want to reiterate that we're sorry about how this played out. I know that your in-store experience let you down, and I would definitely still like to provide feedback to that team if you have a moment to reply to the private message I sent in your inbox.