LOST PHONE

djwilliams33rdpha@hotmail.com

I LOST MY PHONE

All replies

• snn555

Re: LOST PHONE

Depending on the phone you have you need to go ahead and try to remotely lock that phone for security reasons. If you have an Android you can lock and locate the device with the Find Device app from another Android or from your Google account.  If you have an iPhone you can do the same from within your Apple account. Or if you have any friends in the find my friends app you might be able to locate it as well.

If you are definitely sure that you will not be able to find the device you need to let T-Mobile know that way it can be blacklisted and not used by another person who finds the phone. If you have insurance you also need to report that as soon as possible.

Keep in mind that if someone has already found it and turned off the GPS mobile and Wifi you may not be able to locate the device.

If you are able to remotely locate the phone but don't feel safe retrieving it or find that it is not retrievable you may be able to wipe it remotely as well.

Also keep in mind that any outstanding payments such as an EIP would still be owed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Welcome, djwilliams33rdpha -- sorry to read about your phone! Is it still missing, or were you able to locate it? snn555 covered a lot of ground in the reply above; but I would also add that if you have insurance on your line, filing a claim ASAP *before* your line registers the use of a back-up phone is ideal, since the insurance covers the last IMEI registered in use with your SIM card. If you Contact Us we can suspend the line temporarily while you work on replacing the device, and block the IMEI. Please let us know if there are any questions we can answer for you!

- Marissa

• tmo_amanda

Hey there!

Losing your phone can be a stressful situation but a couple different recommendations have been made to hopefully make it a bit easier to get back up and running. One other thing I wanted to point out that how you proceed with this situation may vary based up on your account type. Take a quick peek at this to find steps for different account types (prepaid/postpaid).

• tmo_marissa

Hi again, djwilliams33rdpha. I know we've offered a few suggestions here -- I just wanted to check in and make sure we've helped cover all bases. Please let us know if you have any more questions that we can help with!

- Marissa

• magenta6021700

please suspend this phone because it is lost, XXX-XXX-XXXX

Thank you,

Shirl

*edited to remove personal information - Marissa