Whitelisted unlock

darriea923

My phone unlocked was whitelisted over 24 hours ago. I was told I'd receive a call directing me as to when I could unlock the device within 24 hours. But, haven't received a call. The phone isn't showing as a T-Mobile imei number. The representatives recommendation for a factory reset was not successful. As it is still locked by TMobile.

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Whitelisted unlock

what phone do you have?  Also it would have sent a email if approved and not a call. 

• darriea923

I got repeated emails saying that there is no code. I need to use the

unlock app. It's a ZTE max pro. The on line chat rep I spoke  said I'd have

to add $100 prepaid minute's  the account and wait 72 hours for an unlock.

Which i did although it seems ludicrous to spend $100 on service I can't use

• tidbits

darriea923 wrote:

I got repeated emails saying that there is no code. I need to use the

unlock app. It's a ZTE max pro. The on line chat rep I spoke said I'd have

to add $100 prepaid minute's the account and wait 72 hours for an unlock.

Which i did although it seems ludicrous to spend $100 on service I can't use

Carriers make almost no money from the sale of a device.  They actually pay manufacturers for certain features and apps to be added onto a device.  So you mind find it ludicrous but T-Mobile chose to make sure they get that investment back.

Did you get an email stating it was approved?  There is no code because T-Mobile doesn't use codes anymore.  They use an unlock app.  Should be pink and looks like a lock.  Do you have the sim you used with the $100 in it?

• gramps28

It's  sort of ludicrous you would buy a locked Tmobile phone if you can't use Tmobile. Fwiw.