LG Stylo 3 Plus

gramps28

I just received an update today but the update page shows nothing about it.

Software updates: LG Stylo 3 Plus

All replies

• snn555

Re: LG Stylo 3 Plus

December security patch. ~101 MB Mine updated this morning to TP45010e

Screenshot_2017-12-23-06-17-52.png

• gramps28

Thanks, that's what I thought it was.

• snn555

It should also be mentioned that there has been absolutely no indication that this phone will progress past 7.0. Since the phone has been out since May I believe there has been nothing but security updates short of 1 update (bundled with security update) where the screen auto brightness was adjusted I believe.

I do remember the Stylo 2 getting an update from 6.0 to 7.0 however I'm doubtful that this Stylo 3 will progress to 8.0. however I suppose anything is possible.

It would be nice if when a phone is to no longer be updated to the next full integer that it would at least get the incremental updates that stopped just short of a full integer update. (7.x.x)

• gramps28

I bought this phone because when my Nexus 5X updated to Oreo it started over heating, shutting down for days

and random rebooting. I needed a reliable phone and didn't want to shell out big bucks for a phone that would be obsolete

in a few months  when Tmobile starts rolling out their new bands.

• snn555

I bought it because my ZTE was a really terrible phone. TMobile was nice enough to credit me the cost of the Zmax Pro when I showed proof of purchasing this Stylo 3 +. It was the closest in price. But tons better.

• chazdavlang

Me 2. I went from G Stylo to Zmax Pro back to G, skipped 2, and now 3. Woulda took Revvl+ if it had NFC.

2 things I don't like:

A. Micro socket & its pins are too delicate, since original Stylo.

B. LG starting to lock down and disable too much stuff.

This only a holdover until / if latest flagships from oneplus, xiaomi, Huawei iron out bugs & put out stable Oreo update.

The larger HTC u11 woulda been perfect if released here. 

• chazdavlang

Yes. At least to 7.1.1 would be nice.

And I'm also not too happy with LG uptrend of locking down and removing stuff from stock OS.

• gramps28

The next phone you get to use on Tmobile you will want to make sure it has bands 66 & 71.

T-Mobile will be rolling out those bands next year.