Daydream VR always tilted

magenta3549032

Hi a new Moto Z2 Force here. I've done all updates for the phone as of 12/16/17.  Whenver I am in Daydream VR with the phone in the Google Daydream headset (1st Gen), the image /horizon is tilted about 10 to 20 degrees to the left.   It's really annyoing when trying to do things in VR.  I have tried rebooting my phone multiple times with no change.  I tried an app called "Accelerator Calibration" to recalibrate and it did not help at all. Please not that the controller has been succesfully paired with the phone, and I have hit the "home" button in VR and held it for a few seconds to "reset " the view, and all that does is set the main scene directly in front of me, it does not get rid of the "tilt" sadly. I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like.

Any help would be appreciated.  My only other option is to return the phone, assuming that one of the sensors is bad.

Thanks!

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Daydream VR always tilted

Wow, this is super odd magenta3549032.

Short of resetting the device completely, I don't have another suggestion on how  to fix this. I'm curious if you've tested VR apps to see if the same "tilt" effect happens. As a last resort, this could be something worth running by Google to see if they have more insight on a solution for this.

• magenta3549032

Re: Daydream VR always tilted

Thanks Mike for your response. I called Motorola support and they suggested doing a full system reset on the phone. I did that and it behaved exactly the same in the Google app as well as other VR type apps like the Discovery app. I'm pretty sure it would be a long time waiting for any kind of response from Google. So I'm not even going to waste my time with that. The Motorola people I talked to suggested that I send them my phone in they'll send me another one under warranty they presume that there is something wrong with one of the sensors or something.