Will Net Neutrality stay on T-Mobile?

chrisp.bacon

Some of us already read the new that FCC just killed Net Neutrality this week, and what this means is internet provider company like AT&T and Verizon Wireless can block any content until you switch to premium lane without worry any lawsuit because FCC has given a green light to go, but what about T-Mobile? Does T-Mobile still maintain Net Neutrality or will get rid of it like AT&T and Verizon Wireless will do it soon?

Here is the new: https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/14/16776154/fcc-net-neutrality-vote-results-rules-repealed

All replies

• snn555

Re: Will Net Neutrality stay on T-Mobile?

Tmobile is not yet a cable provider or ISP like VZW and ATT and Comcast.

We we don’t know yet.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, chrisp.bacon!

T-Mobile made a statement with regard to the Net Neutrality decision here:

We always have and will support an open internet that enables us to provide new and innovative services to our customers and keep them first! We will continue to provide amazing service and support to our customers each day!

• magenta3557869

LETS JUST SAY THAT IF THE MOBILE INDUSTRY HAD NET NEUTRALITY LAWS NONE OF THE WIRELESS CARRIERS WOULD BE ABLE TO OFFER AN UNLIMITED DATA PLAN. WITHOUT NET NEUTRALITY LAWS IT ALLOWED INNOVATION AND COMPANIES LIKE TMOBILE TO HAVE A CHANCE AT BEING ABLE TO OFFER CONSUMERS UNLIMITED DATA WHICH THEN FORCED OTHER COMPANIES TO HAVE TO OFFER THE SAME THING. PEOPLE ARE JUST NOT EDUCATED ABOUT WHAT NET NEUTRALITY REALLY IS AND WHY ITS BAD FOR CONSUMERS.

• chrisp.bacon

1) It seems like you don't understand Net Neutrality at all, and you sounds like the FCC chairman says he doing this to save the internet. You also making us protests, lawyers,senators, and internet freedom fighters feel like retarded lawsuit and against FCC chairman idea. This video will educate you, and I suggest you watch it before spouting nonsense that will ruin everyone's brain cells.

How the end of net neutrality could change the internet - YouTube

2) Getting rid of Net Neutrality will increases the price rapidly because you have to PAY MORE $$$ PER RESTRICTION SITE that your ISP blocked it.

3) Small businesses, and organizations will have to pay more $$$ to ISP to keep them in the fast lane aka filthy rich lane.

4) Some small businesses and organizations can't afford to pay this huge amount $$$ to the ISP to keep them in the "fast lane" aka filthy rich lane; therefore, less competition means less innovation.

5) This will kill broadband and mobile carrier business.

6) ISP can abuse their power if this become a law worst case.

Your ISP could say " Hey, you need to pay $15 a month for ACCESS to Youtube site, and another $15 to put you in the fast lane." 

• magenta3557869

GETTING RID OF NET NEUTRALITY WILL ALLOW SMALLER COMPANIES LIKE TMOBILE WAS TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE AND THAT FORCES OTHER BIGGER COMPANIES TO OFFER MORE COMPETITIVE PLANS AND PRICING. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE JUST AGREEING WITH ALL THESE UNEDUCATED PEOPLE WHO THINK GETTING RID OF NET NEUTRALITY IS A BAD THING.

• chrisp.bacon

Well, if my broadband which is Frontier Communication and T-Mobile price raise up and no net neutrality, I guess i'll cancel both of em. I ain't paying money to access Youtube and any sites. In addition, I ain't paying to access to high speed lane either. When us consumer subscribe the internet service, we expect fast lane default not paying additional $$$ to access high speed lane. Also, I ain't going to support and paying money for this ridiculous deal.

• dragon1562

Caps lock doesn't make your point more clear @magenta3557869. Also this forum is meant for helping people not fighting over politics or what if scenarios. Although it is important for me to point out that Net Neutrality never effected the cellular side of things since they are regulated differently and are not consider broadband providers. Now this will change sometime next year as the current head wants to change the criteria for being a broadband provider.

Also lets be clear Net Neutrality being gone basically puts the  issue of regulating the internet in the hands of corporations who effectively have monopolies over their service areas. The reason Net Neutrality was put in place was because the FTC lost the ability to regulate companies like Verizon when the court ruled that only title II enties could be regulated in X way.

I am personally for the regulations in place as even T-mobile has broken the rules that Net Neutrality put in place to begin with. However them beginning gone isn't the end of the world as times are different now for many  Americans as wireless networks have improved substantially as a alternative to fixed broadband service. Also I doubt that ISPs will make drastic changes immanently and will instead take their time.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • jdigiorgio88

Not for nothing but the past few weeks I have had consistent troubles when using my DirecTV now service which is an AT&T company. For over a year I have used my T-Mobile phone to stream the service and never had an issue lately there is constant buffering but no issues viewing other video streaming services like Netflix, YouTube, Vudu, Etc. Not saying it is T-Mobile slowing down my streaming because I'm using an AT&T service but it is something to further monitor.