BIG Sync-up issue, Help!

rezulin

So, recently my stepfather has gotten a Sync-up (I have one currently in my name) and he needed assistance with getting it all set-up. I decided to make it easier on us both to set the sync up on my account, so he could simply use it as he wants from his own account. What wasn't explained to me is how an account CLAIMS the Syncup once it is set-up on one specific account or another. Now, I cannot get the sync-up off my account and onto his own. This has been irritating me for the past few days, and I've tried quite a few things. Removing the vehicle does not unclaim the Sync-up off the account, I've tried this. I have also attempted to remove the claim off my account by restarting the sync-up entirely, this did not work either. PLEASE HELP.

All replies

• snn555

Re: BIG Sync-up issue, Help!

You'll need to call T-Mobile to remove from you and put on his account. Might even be easier at a store with both of you there with ID.  How this might affect any device payment (may have to be paid off) or promo (if bought with monthly credits) I do not know.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Hey, rezulin! It was so kind of you to try to help your stepfather with this -- I'm sorry it caused you a headache in return! snn555 is correct here -- we have some steps internally to unclaim equipment, so for this one, you'll want to Contact Us and ask to speak to our Sync Up Support team.

- Marissa

• rezulin

Hey! Thank you all ever so kindly for this fix, I have contacted customer

support and sat down to unclaim the device from my account, so this whole

issue has been resolved. Only, one thing mind you. I feel you all should

place in a warning in the program when Scanning the EMEI code with your

phone (To claim it), that specifically states that it WILL Claim the

sync-up device, and will not allow other devices to also use the same EMEI

code on other accounts. That would be a great clarification!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • tmo_marissa

I can totally see what you mean, and will definitely forward that feedback on! Thanks for coming back to let us know that our team was able to take care of it! It always helps to have a user-confirmed resolution in case a future Community member has the same question. Much appreciated!