LG Gpad X2 8.0 Lack of support

blackknight23

This device was released in August with April security patch. It is now December with April security patch still. Ive reached out to LG and was informed after initial manufacturing and device shipment the carrier supports the device 100% what gives Tmobile do you not care about exploits and customers data getting out seriously April?

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: LG Gpad X2 8.0 Lack of support

Hey, blackknight23!

You bring up a great point. The LG G Pad X2 8.0 has only had one software update which was from August per Software updates: LG G Pad X2 8.0 Plus . The initial step to creating a new update happens when the manufacturer and T-Mobile agree to do so. Once that's agreed upon, the manufacturer starts working on it. At this time, we do not have an upcoming update for your device but you can keep an eye on our software update page for future developments.

• bnowlin

Hi Amanda. It's been 3 months now since an update has been asked about for this wonderful device. It's been 1 year and 2 months now since the device launched with it's original software and security patch.

Now, it's sad that it hasn't gotten Oreo yet, but more importantly it hasn't even gotten a recent security patch.

What's up with the lack of support on this device? Root has been obtained already. Do we really have to resort to using it and 3rd party rom builds just to have a secure device?

• string1015

Has there been any progress to this matter?  I specifically bought this tablet so I could use it for work, but it needs a minimal security patch of September 2017 for compliance for Air Watch from the company.  It is still on April 2017 security patch, which is almost a year now with no hope in site.  An eta at least or is it time to return the tablet and refusing to pay the restocking fee.

• magenta6473054

There is no signs of this getting Android 8. I recently purchased this tablet, and want to know why TMOBILE is so slow in releasing updates

Is this device already outdated per TMobile?